Sani Solar, designed as a dry sanitation system for rural areas with hot climate

• RaHaSolutions

Re: Sani Solar, designed as a dry sanitation system for rural areas with hot climate

Hello Jochen,
We believe you did not receive our email but that is not important. What is important is that we have our programs for communal toilets and we have decided that we will use Sani solar. We are not interested in selling SANI SOLAR for profit. From attached guidance of our intentions, you may see that we will need the functional SANI SOLAR.
Regards,

Bringing Clean Close Water & Toilets
www.raha.solutions
Attachments:
You need to login to reply
  • jscheerer
    Topic Author

Re: Sani Solar, designed as a dry sanitation system for rural areas with hot climate

Hello Raha,
I did not receive your e-mail (and I've checked my spam also). Are you sure you send it to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ?
In any case I would like to insist that the forum is not the place if you want to communicate with us.

Please use another way.

Jochen
  • jscheerer
    Topic Author

Dear Titi,
as I've already mentioned in the e-mail exchange we had in between, I wanted to confirm that I'm always open to debate technical issues at the forum.
Regarding commercial issues, I would like to refer to our representative in Kenya, the company SOLARCREST. (Contact: Mr. John Nyaga: e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

Best.

Jochen
  • Kevinkuhn

Re: Solar treatment of feces?

Dear Jochen,

I want to press again on the topic of scale and prices.

I think that a standardized and pre-fabricated product like yours is necessary to reduce the number of people without toilets significantly. However, with the price of 1.500 - 2.500€ it is to expensive to reach that goal. But you said, that it is possible to produce the toilet locally. If you can produce a toilet in a country in the global south, what would the cost would be at that point? Can you give an example? I assume that the costs would come down with a higher number of units, do you have any numbers for this scale effect?

Can you also share information on the possible applications for the Sani Solar toilet? You said that it is possible to use it in rural and peri-urban areas. I could imagine, that it will require a slightly different model? Are the households taking care of the composting by themselves in the peri-urban areas or did you think of any aligned pick-up service?

Thank you
Kevin

Non-Water Sanitation e.V.
www.nonwatersanitation.de
www.nonwatersanitation.org (english)

EcoToiletten - Rental for public composting toilets for cities and music festivals in Germany
www.ecotoiletten.de
The following user(s) like this post: jscheerer
  • jscheerer
    Topic Author

Re: Solar treatment of feces?

Dear Kevin,

You are right assuming that the cost for our system will reduce significantly when produced locally on larger scale. However, at the moment I can’t give you an exact quotation due to the following reasons:

- According to our experience with manufacturers in different countries, the production cost may vary considerably because of different costs for labour, energy, raw material and taxes;
- As our business model is based on licensing agreements with local manufacturers, we can’t decide on their price policy;

Trying to answer your question, and as the result of calculations realized with manufacturers of different countries, we estimate that local large scale production can reduce cost in a range between 20 to 40 %, including on site installation.

At this point I would like to take the opportunity reflecting about the cost of a sustainable sanitation system. Which cost should we consider? The investment cost? The operation cost? Or the life cycle cost (e.g. 10 years)?
Are there any comparative studies on that?

Related to the second issue, I would like to confirm that we use a different concept for the application of our technology within urban or peri-urban environments. In such cases we consider the use in combination with an adequate service chain, to scope with higher occupancies and in order to allow adequate treatment and recycling of urine and faeces.
Compared to existing, latrine based, concepts we see advantages in the urine diversion and the drying process of excrements considering the emptying, transport and recycling options.
To differentiate from the Sani Solar concept we call this concept Sani Urban.
I can send you more information on this if you like.

Best

Jochen
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.963 seconds