Construction of Toilet (with Innovative Superstructure) at the Local Govt Office for TATA Housing's SWACHH CSR Project, India

20.5k views

Page selection:
  • sampark
  • Reaching out in grassrouts.Premananda Biswal, Executive Director, SAMPARK TRUST, Bhubaneswar, Odisha would introduce myself, before you as a grass root level Rural & Health development associate for a period spanning over 26 years contributed in the field

Re: Construction of Toilet (with Innovative Superstructure) at the Local Govt Office for TATA Housing's SWACHH CSR Project, India

Dear Promita,
It is interesting to have to own by a house hold at a remote village. By getting this information, i was browsing this model in your said web, but not found. Is their any technical things involved in this ? Is it approved by Govt of India to install in SBM (Gramin) ? How many hours it will take to install this ? If it will requested for Odisha remote villages, then what will be the mode of operation ? Is it according to the approved design & budget of Govt. of India ? How many you have installed this all over India till now ?

I have sent my Skype request to you for adding me ?

Kindly give your feedback.
Premananda Biswal.
Executive Director.
SAMPARK TRUST
B-30, BDA Duplex
Bhubaneswar
Odisha, INDIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • InnovationsUnlimited
    Topic Author

Re: Construction of Toilet (with Innovative Superstructure) at the Local Govt Office for TATA Housing's SWACHH CSR Project, India

Hi,
You could reach me at +91 9560900811, or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I am currently travelling and will be in Delhi by 3 pm on 12th March. Will be happy to discuss this further.

Warm Regards
Promita
Ms. Promita Sengupta,
Director, Innovations Unlimited,
Gurgaon, India.
Email id : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Skype id : innovations.unlimited
Mobile : +91 9560900811

• golden4751

Re: Reply: Construction of Toilet (with Innovative Superstructure) at the Local Govt Office for TATA Housing's SWACHH CSR Project, India

This is very interesting and could be used by us for our Rajasthan project .

Could you please share cost . Can this be cast on site ?? etc

• golden4751

Re: Reply: Construction of Toilet (with Innovative Superstructure) at the Local Govt Office for TATA Housing's SWACHH CSR Project, India

Hi Promita

This is very interesting . I am in Delhi and would like to duiscuss this with you . I am leaving for Sweden on the 18th March . Am a little busy today but free tom or day after .Am sending yuo a mail with my contact details .

• InnovationsUnlimited
    Topic Author

A single unit can weigh up to 16 kgs, dimensions are approx 4ft x 3 ft x 6.2 ft when open, and 4ft x 3ft x 6 inches when closed. Kindly visit our website www.onlyinnovations.com for more technical details.
Ms. Promita Sengupta,
Gurgaon, India.
Email id : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• InnovationsUnlimited
    Topic Author

Hi..
The manufacturing cost is about 5500 INR and installation about 300 INR. currently the installation is done at the manufacturing unit, however, if the requirement is large, then alternative solution for installation can be worked out.
Yes, the transportation cost can be a little higher side if sent outside India in its current form.

Warm Regards
Promita
Ms. Promita Sengupta,
Gurgaon, India.

• golden4751

How much do these cost in manufacturing and installation . Can these come in parts and assembled on site ?? Other wise transportation will be quite expensive . How much do they weigh ?? Could you please give me dimensions We could use these in our long term composting toilets project

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: InnovationsUnlimited

• Ashok

We have been manufacturing prefabricated ferrocement components and assemble them in to a full toilet with a septic tank. The first 500 toilets were installed in 1994 and are still functioning well. These are low water (1.5-2 liter) using toilets. We are attaching two photographs showing the toilet super structure and the septic tank.The life of these can easily be fifty years.Ferrocement is a green technology with carbon foot print reduced by about 50% as compared to conventional brick masonry construction.No chances of ground water contamination. 

Ashok Jain, PhD

Attachments:

• golden4751

This is a two leach pit model . Evidently it has many drawbacks

1. The pathogens are going into the ground water (30-50%)

2. When the pit is full -it is left todry and digging the pit to remove the dried fecal waste is not easy s the content becomes like a rock . This finally has to be ground to put back in the soil .Are these facilities available in the vilages .

3. How will this function during monswoons

4. Flushing is required -and it needs 4-5 lit of water -other wise the toilet is not clean and smels . Is this qty of water available .

Just wondering if there has been a study on this type of toilet as this is becoming popular but is it saving water and improving the health of the comunity .If the answer is yes then why are 50% of the toilets constructed not being used .

• shitalcera
  • Shital Ceramic Works

This Traditional toilets are having minimum 25 yrs of lifespan.

• shitalcera
  • Shital Ceramic Works

hi,
Our NGO is Constructing Individual Household Toilets with Tradidional Brick Cement Mortar Works in GUJARAT under Swach Bharat Mission.

Thanks Regards
Rashesh Sompura
Attachments:

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Interesting innovation. My only concern would be that of flood - what would happen in case of floods?

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds