Surveys on Regulation of emptying and transport services for faecal sludge (pits and septic tanks)

• Alix
    Topic Author
  • PhD student in Urban Sanitation Looking at regulation of emptying and transport services for faecal sludge in LMIC

Re: Surveys on Regulation of emptying and transport services for faecal sludge (pits and septic tanks)

Hi Chaiwe, 
Thanks for the message.
I have collected data and am now in the process of publishing the results. I'll post here the papers once they are available. 
I will also present some of my results at FSM6 and WEDC conferences.

Also, on your question of literacy level. We expected that, due to the data collection tool, there would be a bias in the emptiers reached by the survey and it was indeed the case. We used emails and whatsapp to disseminate it mostly, even calling some emptiers to ask them the questions directly over the phone.
As we collected some information about the emptiers who answered this survey, I can say that our respondents were mostly from medium- and large-sized companies, and mostly mechanical emptiers. It's clearly a limitation, but the results are still interesting.
I'm looking forward to sharing them!

Best, 
Alix
Alix Lerebours
Doctoral researcher
WEDC
Loughborough University, UK
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds