New member of the SuSanA secretariat - Teresa Häberlein

Page selection:
  • Faginess
  • A second year student of environmental health technology, Member youth environmental Defenders under center for environmental justice, Member of Levy YUNA, Member of volunteers organizations Levy mwanawasa medical university,Member of Young woman in Action Zambia and a climate change advocate.

Re: New member of the SuSanA secretariat - Teresa Häberlein

Thank you so much.I am a student of environmental health technology at Levy mwanawasa medical university Zambia.Im delighted to be part of SusanA.
I'm looking forward to seeing great works accomplished together.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • lourdesv
  • Arquitecta, trabajando en temas de agua, saneamiento y medio ambiente desde el año 2003, creo en estrategias de educación ambiental y cambio de comportamiento. En mi día a día trato de dejar un mundo mejor al prójimo.

Hi Teresa! Bienvenida! Welcome.

I-m sure will be a pleasure work toguether

Kind regards

Lourdes
Lourdes Valenzuela
Regional SuSanA Coordinator (Latinoamérica)
Directora de comunicación AGUATUYA

Calle Nicolás Ortiz no. 33 (a media cuadra de la Av. Calampampa)
Tel (591) 4 424 2164
Casilla 6264
Cochabamba – Bolivia

Siguenos:
www.aguatuya.org
www.facebook.com/aguatuya
www.susana.org/en/mailinglist-latinoamerica

The following user(s) like this post: secretariat

• Teresa
    Topic Author
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2019 and have gathered experience mainly in the MENA region. Currently I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Thank you for your kind words Chaiwe, and sorry for the late reply!

Me and the other colleagues are currently still discussing and finding my place in the Secretariat, but I hope to update you on that soon. My regional focus will be mainly the MENA region and Latin America.

Concerning my work on religion and development: While working in the sector programme we had a very broad approach looking at many different contexts, religions, regions etc. In the last years however I have mainly focused on the Jordanian context, where we worked with both Islamic (imams, muezzins and waithat, or female preachers) and Christian (priests and sisters) actors. I did actually work with Islamic female preachers on the topic of MHM in cooperation with UNICEF and the Royal Health Awareness Society.

Very happy to see that there are discussions already ongoing in the forum! It is a topic I´m very passionate about and would love to explore further.

All the best,
Teresa
The following user(s) like this post: secretariat

• Chaiwe
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Welcome to SuSanA Teresa!

It would be great to learn about the main focus of your new role within the SuSanA Secretariat? 

I find it interesting that your previous work focused on religion and development. We have had discussions here on the forum in that area. Here is one started by Lena who has done some research on the subject.  Research Study: Cultural Beliefs and Religion/Spirituality in Sanitation Programs in Sub-Saharan Africa - SuSanA Forum

I find that religion has such a huge influence on MHM first and foremost in the case of Sub-saharan Africa, while it also has a huge influence on the design of sanitation facilities, sanitation practices, and even the quality of Faecal sludge. 

Was your work in this area focused on a specific region, or did you explore many different contexts?

Regards,
Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Teresa
    Topic Author
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2019 and have gathered experience mainly in the MENA region. Currently I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

New member of the SuSanA secretariat - Teresa Häberlein

Hello everyone!

My name is Teresa Häberlein and I joined the SuSanA secretariat mid-August. I am based in Bonn and would like to take this
opportunity to introduce myself to the community as we will be working closely together.

After joining GIZ in the sector programme on Religion and Development in Bonn, I have been working in Jordan as a technical
advisor for the last few years. There I was involved in two projects, one with a communal water use focus and one with a focus on WASH, particularly WASH in institutions, MH and pandemic prevention.

During my work in Jordan I already had a few points of contact with SuSanA, both by attending webinars and by using the
resources on the SuSanA platform. Therefore, I am thrilled to join the secretariat and I hope to contribute to the smooth running and further development of the platform.

I am looking forward to working together and getting to know as many of you as possible.

Best regards and greetings from Bonn,
Teresa
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, JKMakowka

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds