Skat Foundation is hiring: Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum (applications closed - results)

11.3k views

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Skat Foundation is hiring: Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum (applications open until 31 Dec 2019)

Dear all,

I am happy to announce that we have selected and contracted two co-moderators for this position whom we will introduce in the next few days (see here in this thread: forum.susana.org/10-announcements-regard...susana-in-2020#28958).

I apologise to all the people who applied for this position but were unsuccessful and received rejection e-mails (in case you haven't heard back yet please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). It's always sad to have to send out rejection e-mails but please rest assured that there could be further similar opportunities in future. And I hope you will all continue to engage with us via this discussion forum and then perhaps "better luck" next time! We are also looking into the various suggestions for improvements made by the applications and share them with you later in anonymous form. (We had asked everyone: What do you see as the main strengths of the SuSanA Discussion Forum? What do you see as the main weaknesses of the SuSanA Discussion Forum? Do you have suggestions on how the SuSanA Discussion Forum could be improved?)

The people that we picked fulfilled our four compulsory requirements very well. One is from Kenya and one from India, ad both had already posted in the forum in the past. Stay tuned for more information, and to see them in action when they pick up their work as co-moderators of this forum.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: Skat Foundation is hiring: Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum (applications open until 31 Dec 2019)

Dear all,

the application form for the co-moderation of the SuSanA Forum is closed now. We have received over 86 applications from 31 different countries all over the world.

We would like to already thank each and every applicant for expressing their interest in the SuSanA Forum and taking their time for the submission!

All applications will be diligently assessed within the coming days. All applicants will be informed about the status of their application from the SuSanA Secretariat and Skat Foundation within January 2020.

Best regards,
Franziska
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• vitalisanoh

This is a very interesting opportunity for those of us in the region. For quite sometime now, i have been providing commentaries on issues in some of the working groups (WASH & Nutrition, Behaviour Change and Sustainable WASH in Institutions and Gender Equality) on SuSanA network. I want to believe there are a number of my colleagues both from WSSCC/SuSanA from this end that are equal to task on this assignment. I hope to apply before the closing date.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear all,

It's not yet too late to throw your hat in the ring and apply for this part-time consultancy position to become a co-moderator of this discussion forum! Deadline is 31 December. We have around 50 applications so far which we'll assess immediately at the end of the deadline and send out e-mail responses very soon after that.

The two main requirements that are so far hard to come by in this combination are:

+++++++

1. Proven experience with moderating an online discussion forum, or at least an online community (like a Facebook group, community blog, larger WhatsApp group or alike).

3. Very strong connection to the realities of countries of the Global South: ideally country of residence and country of origin are within Global South

+++++++

If you think you have those, please apply. If you don't quite meet them but are still interested you can also let us know (either for this or for future opportunities like this; if this forum continues to thrive and if we continue to find funding for it, there will always be a need for moderators in future)

Dear Kris and Dorothee,
Thanks for your posts. You are spot on. It is indeed a dream job for someone with the right background. Both of you would make excellent forum moderators and have a wealth of experience in that area. Like you said, the emphasis should be for someone from the global South for this one but we'll see which applications we get and what the future holds for the forum next year! Either way, it's good to know that you'd be interested in this kind of work, thank you. (there is even a small Wikipedia editing component included in the budget for the head moderator (i.e. for me) and for the co-moderators which I find very exciting).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Totally agree within JM: this is a very, very cool opportunity to get a in depth overview of what is going on and who is active in sustainable sanitation and also potentially influence and contribute! You sanitation enthusiasts from all over the world (especially the global south): apply now!
It is also great that we get the opportunity to fund the crucial task of moderating this continuously growing community - thank you WSSCC!

And I also join JM: I don't like taking away this opportunity from someone else but in case you have trouble finding suitable candidates, I would probably be available in 2020 (I have been already involved in designing and setting up this forum based on the old yahoo emailing group (makes me feeling old :lol:) and have been moderator in the past, e.g. for transferring the gates grantees forum to this one).
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, Sittoni

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

That's a cool opportunity, especially for early career / in training WASH practitioners from the global south to get some international exposure!

But in case you have trouble finding suitable candidates, let me know as I would be probably available. I just don't feel like taking away this opportunity from someone less experienced and likely more motivated to fill this role.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Elisabeth

If you have any questions about this consultancy "Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum" (either because you are wondering if you should apply or just in general), then please don't hesitate to post your questions in this thread (if they are of a general nature) or to e-mail the scretarat or myself (if it's specificially related to yourself).

We look forward to hearing from you.
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Skat Foundation is hiring: Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum (applications open until 31 Dec 2019)

Dear all,

A new cooperation system between SuSanA, the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) and the Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN) at Skat Foundation started in November 2019. To achieve the objectives of this project we wish to recruit several paid co-moderators who will work hand in hand with the head moderator by joining a "Forum Practice Group".
The objectives of this project (follow this thread for more updates) are to:
1. Establish, operate and steer a functioning, diverse “Forum Practice group”, consisting of trained and active moderators
2. Harmonise online sanitation communities in the WASH sector (by creating mutual understanding through exchange, building upon each one’s experience and the creation of collaborative content)
3. Ensure sustainability of the SuSanA Discussion Forum and its active moderation

Your role as a moderator can be found in the moderator guide for the Forum and a description of the Forum in general can be found in the SuSanA library here: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3630

If you are interested in joining the SuSanA Forum as a moderator, and you fulfil the requirements below, please send your application by filling out this form: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScdcz-E...V2Qv09qyBng/viewform

This application form will be open until 31 December 2019. Applicants will be informed until end of January 2020.

Requirements (compulsory):
1. Proven experience with moderating an online discussion forum, or at least an online community (like a Facebook group, community blog, larger WhatsApp group or alike).
2. Excellent English written communication skills (provide links to pieces you have written).
3. Very strong connection to the realities of countries of the Global South: ideally country of residence and country of origin are within Global South
4. You have to have a workspace with internet access.

Secondary requirements (not compulsory but advantageous):
1. Prior engagement with the SuSanA community.
2. Active participation in SuSanA Discussion Forum or similar WASH-related online forums
3. Several years of work experience in the WASH sector or a closely related sector
4. Strong and growing network with other WASH professionals or practitioners (online but also face-to-face, for example within WASH coordination meetings).
5. Prior experience with knowledge management activities
6. Outgoing personality, willing to “put your personality out there” and be approachable and honest. Not easily offended.
7. Able to (in principle) work at any time of the week (even though we fully respect a good work-life balance). Sometimes a post on the forum requires an urgent response, even on the weekend.
8. Good written command of another language, other than English.
9. A network with WASH practitioners who use a language other than English
10. Prior experience with Wikipedia editing (provide your Wikipedia login name if you have one).

What can we offer you?
- An interesting, varied job that you would carry out remotely, within a supportive team environment (the Forum Practice Group) which meets up via video links.
- Training in SuSanA discussion forum moderation by using Kunena and on-boarding provided by head moderator (using video links or alike).
- An opportunity to grow your network in the WASH sector.
- An opportunity to learn more about a range of topics in the WASH sector.
- A competitive hourly rate based on your experience level, within the context of your country of residence. Our budget includes about 20 days of somebody’s time for a period of three months, with a possible extension to a further 40 days for another six month (i.e., in total about 60 days for a nine-month period)
- An opportunity to demonstrate your skills visibly to potential future employers
- A job/consultancy which does not require any long-distance travelling or time away from home
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: PESO

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds