Announcing a renewed and formalised collaboration between WSSCC and SuSanA in 2020

• WSSCC
    Topic Author
  • 2 billion people globally have yet to access basic sanitation services. 673 million still defecate in the open. Hundreds of millions of menstruators lack the means to ensure their menstrual health and dignity. WSSCC is focusing exclusively on closing this gap for those most concerned and least able to respond.

New dedicated space for Equity and Inclusion – a collaboration between WSSCC and SuSanA

The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) is excited to announce the merger of its Community of Practice on Sanitation and Hygiene in Developing Countries (CoP) with the SuSanA discussion forum.

This merger will enable WSSCC members to access and interact with an even more diverse global community of sanitation practitioners. This new partnership among WSSCC, SuSanA and Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN) at Skat Foundation is key to expanding the community’s focus on equality and non-discrimination, menstrual hygiene and health (MHH), and rural behaviour change programming.

We hope that our members will continue to actively share their knowledge in this growing learning community so that together, we can elevate unheard voices, confront stigmas and barriers, enhance accountability systems, and achieve sanitation and hygiene services for those left behind.
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: muench
You need to login to reply
  • muench
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Announcing a renewed and formalised collaboration between WSSCC and SuSanA in 2020

I am happy to report a first visible impact of this renewed and formalised collaboration between WSSCC and SuSanA:
In December we received more new SuSanA members than in any previous month before.

This is visible for all to see here: forum.susana.org/forum/statistics

Or see this graph:

We put this down to the member newsletter and posts by WSSCC on their Facebook and Twitter pages where they encouraged their members to also join SuSanA with the following words:

This merging of discussion platforms will enable you, as a WSSCC member, to access and interact with an even more diverse global community of sanitation practitioners. The Community of Practice on Sanitation and Hygiene in Developing Countries (CoP) will close by the end of 2019. Therefore, we are now encouraging all WSSCC members to register with SuSanA. Registration is simple; visit www.susana.org/en/register and fill out the short form.

Nice!

Elisabeth

Head moderator of this discussion forum
(Funded via consultancy contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: ddiba
  • paresh
  • Budding researcher, interested in governance, public policy, finance, its politics and social justice. Urban planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India. I am the patient one

Re: Skat Foundation is hiring: Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum (applications open until 31 Dec 2019)

Hello everyone
I am pleased to inform that I am one of the two people selected to support Elisabeth as co-moderator of this forum.* I am a researcher currently based in Mumbai, India. I am pursuing PhD from CTARA at IIT-Bombay, the broad area of research being governance for wastewater management in small towns. I am particularly looking at the processes involved in planning and implementing city-wide FSM services. I am also interested in the delivery of other basic services, their governance, decision-making processes and equity-related issues.

I am an urban planner by training and worked with Performance Assessment System ( www.pas.org.in ) for 4 years where I was involved in city sanitation planning especially understanding and preparing financial plans, developing excel based planning and decision support tools, toolkits, benchmarking of services, among others. You can read about it in the link below:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/183-mo...niversity-india#9784

I look forward to interacting with you 😊

Regards
paresh

* See here for selection process: forum.susana.org/20-jobs-consultancies-i...tions-closed-results

Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum
(Funded via internship contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)
The following user(s) like this post: muench
  • CharlotteM
  • Co-moderator of the forum. Marketer by profession. Expertise in sanitation social marketing targeting behavior change and positive uptake of water and sanitation projects for sustainability and maximum impact. I am the bubbly one.

Re: Skat Foundation is hiring: Part-time co-moderators of the SuSanA Discussion Forum (applications open until 31 Dec 2019)

Dear all,
I would also like to inform you that I am the other co-moderator :) :) . I would like to take this opportunity to thank the SuSanA secretariat for giving me this opportunity to work as a co-moderator in this forum. I therefore take this chance to introduce myself.
I am currently working as a freelance consultant in WASH projects. I am based in Nairobi, Kenya. I have a 10-year experience in WASH especially in the East African set up. My expertise is mostly in Social and Sanitation Marketing, awareness creation and sensitization of sanitation projects as well as attitudes and behavior change. I was previously engaged in the UBSUP programme in Kenya which was key in improving household sanitation in urban low income areas. You can read about it in the link below:
forum.susana.org/167-market-development-...kenya?start=12#22722

I am elated to be able to moderate this forum which I believe has a rich collection of knowledge that pertains to projects that are making a huge impact globally.
Looking forward to more interactions and a pleasant time.
Regards
Charlotte

Co-moderator of the discussion forum
(Funded via consultancy contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)

Charlotte Mong'ina Maua
Sanitation Consultant

M +254 (0) 723 571 463
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
L: Nairobi, Kenya
The following user(s) like this post: muench, paresh
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds