Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week!

• depinder
  • Depinder Kapur is a senior development professional with experience in WASH, Livelihoods and NRM.

Re: Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week!

Yes I can add. I just need some help from my colleagues on how to add on wikipedia and will get back if there is problem.

Open license is fine. I am sure Dorothy and Laura will add the required signoff.
Depinder Kapur is a senior Development and WASH expert and is currently leading the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform of National Institute of Urban Affairs in New Delhi that is focussed on non sewered sanitation systems( scbp.niua.org). He has worked with AKRSP, SPWD, CARE(Director NRM), Oxfam(Program & Advocacy Director), WaterAid India(Country Head) and WSSCC(National Coordinator).

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week!

Hi Depinder,
Do you have colleagues who have edited Wikipedia before? If so, great! If not, then you could take a look at this page which I recently set up when I ran an online edit-a-thon for novice editors:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/O...ange_-_November_2020

If you scroll down a little you get to Section 7 which contains this and should tell you everything you need:

7 Help...! I have never edited Wikipedia before!
7.1 How to get started with Wikipedia
7.2 How to get started with this edit-a-thon

If you get stuck, just put your questions into this thread (so that others can learn, too) or e-mail me.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(with financial support from WSSCC, now SHF)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
The following user(s) like this post: depinder
  • depinder
  • Depinder Kapur is a senior development professional with experience in WASH, Livelihoods and NRM.

Thanks Elisabeth for the reference.

I have been able to initiate the editing of this page. 

Depinder
Depinder Kapur is a senior Development and WASH expert and is currently leading the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform of National Institute of Urban Affairs in New Delhi that is focussed on non sewered sanitation systems( scbp.niua.org). He has worked with AKRSP, SPWD, CARE(Director NRM), Oxfam(Program & Advocacy Director), WaterAid India(Country Head) and WSSCC(National Coordinator).

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Cecilia Rodrigues, Shobana Srinivasan, Mintje Büürma, Finn Staack and intern Salua Moussawel.

Dear all,

Even though the call for written feedback has been closed, we would like to encourage you to give an additional feedback regarding images and graphs that would suit to the different sections of the fact sheet. If you already have suitable images, or you are feeling creative and have an idea for an image please share the images/drafts/your ideas with us here in this Forum thread or to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We are looking forward to your contributions!

Best regards & stay tuned,

Finn
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ sustainable sanitation sector program
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Cecilia Rodrigues, Shobana Srinivasan, Mintje Büürma, Finn Staack and intern Salua Moussawel.

Dear Elisabeth and Depinder,

thank you for your ongoing discussion on the fact sheet and the integration of (its) content on Wikipedia.

Elisabeth, coming back to your  comment  regarding the length of the Fact Sheet as well as the formatting: 
I agree with Depinder and his argumentation that capacity development is a very generic term, covering several fields, wherefore I would consider its length appropriate and still call it a Fact Sheet. As we have closed the final commenting round, we will stay with the lenght of the document as no cuts were propoesed. And yes, we will apply the same formatting we used for previous Fact Sheets, including the two columns per page. To be on the safe site, I will check with Dorothee and Laura on the licensing, as you mentioned in  this post . But I am confident, that they already had this in mind.

Best regards,
Finn
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ sustainable sanitation sector program
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds