Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week!

24.6k views

Page selection:
  • dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Re: Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development!

Dear all
We are happy to share with you today the final draft of the new Capacity Development Factsheet which we will launch tomorrow during the WG1 meeting.
Register here: www.susana.org/en/registration-31st-susana-meeting
Or give us your feedback in this threads.
I wish to thank all the co-authors, reviewers, contributors to their commitment and support!
Dorothee
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • depinder
  • Depinder Kapur is currently Director Water Programme at Centre for Science and Environment, Delhi.

Re: Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week!

Hi Finn,

Is the final Factsheet uploaded on Susana? Please share.

Thanks.

Depinder
Depinder Kapur is Director Water Programme at Centre for Science and Environment. He has taight at Shiv Nadar University and has lead the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform(SCBP) of National Institute of Urban Affairs. His professional engagements have been with AKRSP(Program Officer Forestry), SPWD(Sr. Program Officer), CARE(Director NRM), Oxfam(Program & Advocacy Director), WaterAid India(Country Head) and WSSCC(National Coordinator) and as an independent consultant.

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week!

Dear Elisabeth and Depinder,

thank you for your ongoing discussion on the fact sheet and the integration of (its) content on Wikipedia.

Elisabeth, coming back to your  comment  regarding the length of the Fact Sheet as well as the formatting: 
I agree with Depinder and his argumentation that capacity development is a very generic term, covering several fields, wherefore I would consider its length appropriate and still call it a Fact Sheet. As we have closed the final commenting round, we will stay with the lenght of the document as no cuts were propoesed. And yes, we will apply the same formatting we used for previous Fact Sheets, including the two columns per page. To be on the safe site, I will check with Dorothee and Laura on the licensing, as you mentioned in  this post . But I am confident, that they already had this in mind.

Best regards,
Finn
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

The following user(s) like this post: depinder

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Dear all,

Even though the call for written feedback has been closed, we would like to encourage you to give an additional feedback regarding images and graphs that would suit to the different sections of the fact sheet. If you already have suitable images, or you are feeling creative and have an idea for an image please share the images/drafts/your ideas with us here in this Forum thread or to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We are looking forward to your contributions!

Best regards & stay tuned,

Finn
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• depinder
  • Depinder Kapur is currently Director Water Programme at Centre for Science and Environment, Delhi.

Thanks Elisabeth for the reference.

I have been able to initiate the editing of this page. 

Depinder
Depinder Kapur is Director Water Programme at Centre for Science and Environment. He has taight at Shiv Nadar University and has lead the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform(SCBP) of National Institute of Urban Affairs. His professional engagements have been with AKRSP(Program Officer Forestry), SPWD(Sr. Program Officer), CARE(Director NRM), Oxfam(Program & Advocacy Director), WaterAid India(Country Head) and WSSCC(National Coordinator) and as an independent consultant.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Depinder,
Do you have colleagues who have edited Wikipedia before? If so, great! If not, then you could take a look at this page which I recently set up when I ran an online edit-a-thon for novice editors:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/O...ange_-_November_2020

If you scroll down a little you get to Section 7 which contains this and should tell you everything you need:

7 Help...! I have never edited Wikipedia before!
7.1 How to get started with Wikipedia
7.2 How to get started with this edit-a-thon

If you get stuck, just put your questions into this thread (so that others can learn, too) or e-mail me.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• depinder

Yes I can add. I just need some help from my colleagues on how to add on wikipedia and will get back if there is problem.

Open license is fine. I am sure Dorothy and Laura will add the required signoff.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Depinder,
Would you like to give it a go and add that content to Wikipedia? Or would you like me to do it. The more people from the WASH sector who know how to edit Wikipedia, the better.
Also, what about my comment about the licence, has the author team thought about that? Or maybe it's up to the SuSanA secretariat to decide.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• depinder

Yes the paper with the Capacity Development Effectiveness Framework is published by NIUA. This can be added. 
This describes what Effectiveness in Capacity Development means. 

Link : 
niua.org/scbp/sites/default/files/Capaci...dder%20Framework.pdf 

• Elisabeth

Hi Depinder,
Thanks for your interest in contributing to the Wikipedia article on capacity development; that would be great! Any content that we'd add to the Wikipedia article needs to have a reliable source to go with it (i.e. no original research to be added to Wikipedia). The factsheet will count as a reliable source and so do your other publications with NIUA. Do you already have any particular content in mind that would be suitable for the broad "capacity building" topic on Wikipedia? I.e. not too specific or too much jargon etc., as we are writing for lay persons. If so, then do take up a Wikipedia login and then "let's go!".

By the way, it would be good if the factsheet was published under the open access licence CC BY SA because then it's even easier to reuse content from there on Wikipedia (or elsewhere). We had said in the past that all publications by SuSana use that licence. Please remember to specifically state the licence on the last page of the document so that it's clear. Thanks.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

• secretariat

Dear all,

As we are closing the final commenting round now, we want to thank you for your comments, feedback and other forms of contribution to the WG 1 Factsheet. Even though this final round was initially intended to be open for just a week, we decided to extend it a bit more, as this was the final round and we wanted to give you the opportunity to take your time and make your final comments. 
So we say thank you!

The next steps for the factsheet will include the review and (if possible) the integration  of your comments, the addition of the reviewers as contributors to the fact sheet, the layout, and the decision on graphs and images, before it finally gets launched. 

Stay tuned & best regards,
Finn

• depinder

Hi Elizabeth.

The Factsheet is long but is still a Factsheet. Editing may be required to cut down the text( for sections where it is too long and generic that can be sourced from other places), without deleting any section since we have spent a lot of time debating and finalising. 

Since capacity development is a very generic term covering several fields. Our contribution to the Wikipedia page on this topic, should be from our sustainable sanitation perspective of real life experience of capacity development in sustainable sanitation. The experience of Sanitation Capacity Building Platform(SCBP) as curated in a 3 paper series, with a Capacity Development Effectiveness Ladder Framework as an original contribution to understand effectiveness of capacity development - can be included as a Susana contribution in this wikipage. I am happy to work on this, let me know.

The following user(s) like this post: Vijaya

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds