O&M costs higher than expected

• sararamos
    Topic Author
  • Environmental engineer, pursuing a master´s degree in Hydro Science and Engineering. With experience in EHS - environmental, health and safety management systems and knowledge in water purification, industrial wastewater treatment, efficient use of water programs and formulation and implementation of waste management plans.

O&M costs higher than expected

Dear SuSanA members, 

Could some of you please share with me sources where they found out that the O&M costs were higher than it was initially planned? 

The reason, in a research that I am carrying out I am performing a sensitivity analysis and I want to evaluate how the final costs of different scenarios will be affected by additional O&M costs than the ones initially estimated.

Factors like increase in energy costs, labour costs, among others (that you might know better than I) affect the O&M costs and can impact the final total costs and thus, the decision making process of which would be the best wastewater management scenario. 

Thank you very much!!

Regards, 

Sara
Sara Ramos
Master students Hydro Science and Engineering - Technical University of Dresden
Research Assistant Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Germany
Co-Founder SWIM - Solutions for Water Integrity and Management
You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: O&M costs higher than expected

Hi Sara,
Which O&M costs do you mean? Do you mean for wastewater treatment plants?

If so, do take a look at this thread:  Data for costs and build-out rates for conventional sewer systems

Or, in general, our sub-category on  Financing (taxes, tariffs, transfers) and cost estimates

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(with financial support from WSSCC, now SHF)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
The following user(s) like this post: sararamos
  • sararamos
    Topic Author
  • Environmental engineer, pursuing a master´s degree in Hydro Science and Engineering. With experience in EHS - environmental, health and safety management systems and knowledge in water purification, industrial wastewater treatment, efficient use of water programs and formulation and implementation of waste management plans.

Re: O&M costs higher than expected

Dear Elisabeth, 

Ohh sorry!! I forgot to cleaar that. I mean for wastewater management systems (basically WWTP, sewer network, pumping stations). 

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Regards, 

Sara Ramos
Sara Ramos
Master students Hydro Science and Engineering - Technical University of Dresden
Research Assistant Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ, Germany
Co-Founder SWIM - Solutions for Water Integrity and Management
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds