Please say hello in SuSanA Edit-a-thon virtual workroom! - 19-21 March to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement (WG9)

66.9k views

Page selection:
  • drspmehra

Re: Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - 19-20 March Wikipedia Edit-a-thon

Yes, I’m interested because I am working for conserving natural heritage through mass mobilization and community sensitization at local level in the largest state of India, i.e., Rajasthan. As per the Indian Constitutional provision of Article 51A(g), it is my duty to engage in such awareness programs and event.

Warm Regards

Dr. Satya Prakash Mehra, PhD, MSc; LLB, PGP DM
Fellow IFEE 2016, ILCW Fellow 2015, UHF Fellow 2009,
Environmentalist of the Year award 2015, Regional Young Conservationist Award 2008
Advisor & Founder Member – RSNH; Representative (Rajasthan Projects) - Natural Solutions, Mumbai; Consultants (Sudan Project) - KUSHEES, Khartoum
Fellow member- IFEE
Life Member - NIEP, INSEE, NCPRO, PFA, RSNH, PETA, JALIS, RASE
Associate Member - INTACH, BSCNH
Member - Emergency Relief Network (ERN) WTI & IFAW, Oriental Bird Club (OBC)
Online Member - CFA, GWA, INHWTS, IUCN-CEC, WCEL
Ex-Employee - Supreme Food Services (Switzerland/UAE/Afghanistan), WWF-India (Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur & Mt Abu WLS, Sirohi), Bombay Natural History Society (Mumbai)
Environmental Professional cum Social Activist
The following user(s) like this post: abrown

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Carol McCreary
    Topic Author
  • I'm a volunteer at PHLUSH (Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human) www.phlush.org

Please say hello in SuSanA Edit-a-thon virtual workroom! - 19-21 March to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement (WG9)

Dear Members of SuSanA Working Group 9 (Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement)!

Your expertise is needed!

SuSanA has announced an Edit-a-thon to commemorate World Water Day and to improve WASH-related Wikipedia articles. Educating the public is critical to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal Number 6 (SDG6): "Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all".

Therefore, this event is taking place:

What: World Water Day Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon
When: 19-20 March 2017
Where: Wherever you and your computer are.
Who: You can contribute solo, or work with a group of friends.
Why you? You are committed to achieving SDG6.
Why now? Achieving water and sanitation for all requires educating and informing all stakeholders. Wikipedia is the 5th most often visited website in the world.

Next steps for you:
  1. Register your interest by replying in this thread and posting “Yes, I’m interested!” to this thread.
  2. Look at the list of suggested articles to work on below, and provide your feedback or comments. Which article would you like to work on?
  3. Have a look at what the other working groups will work on here: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/213-wo...clock-together#20524
  4. Learn to edit Wikipedia articles by giving it a go (this page can get you started: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation) and by viewing short videos which we will post here next week: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/213-wo...d-the-clock-together
What if I can’t make it on 19-20 March?
No problem. You can edit Wikipedia anytime. Please let us know what you’re working on. This effort is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant to SuSanA . The project team wants to know how many SuSanA members contribute to the Edit-a-Thon.

What if I don’t have a reliable internet connection?
As an editor you can help in so many ways. Write new content. Improve existing content. Correct errors. Add images. Add references with links.

What if I have more questions?
Just ask. We want to make it easy for you.

Let’s pull together for SDG6! Please join this Edit-a-thon.

Kind regards,

Carol McCreary and Jack Sim
Co-leads for SuSanA Working Group 9

+++++++++++

Wikipedia articles that WG members could work on:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Water_Day World Water Day
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Toilet_Day World Toilet Day
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Handwashing_Day Global Handwashing Day
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_water Right to water (the title of this article should probably be changed to "Human right to water and sanitation")
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights Human Rights
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitation Sanitation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASH WASH
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_sanitation Sustainable sanitation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocacy Advocacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_society_campaign Civil society campaign
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_toilet Public toilet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taboo Taboo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shit Shit - Add something on "contemporary professional use"?

Other article ideas (perhaps lower priority):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swachh_Bharat_Abhiyan Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean Indian Campaign)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biogeochemical_cycle Biogeochemical cycle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failures_of_water_...d_sanitation_systems Failures of water supply and sanitation systems
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_supply_and_w...developing_countries Water supply and women in developing countries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sim Jack Sim
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_Water_Prize Stockholm Water Prize
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygiene Hygiene
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compost Compost - Add something about aerobic composting of the contents of dry toilets.

Possible articles for creation:
  • Catarina de Albuquerque
  • Awareness campaign

... Your ideas?
Carol McCreary
Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human (PHLUSH)
1240 W. Sims Way #59, Port Townsend, Washington 98368 USA

Toilet availability is a human right and well-designed sanitation systems restore health to our cities, our waters and our soils.
The following user(s) like this post: abrown, shiny, Madhuri, jeremy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds