Where to buy unisex urinal in Europe?

16.1k views

Page selection:
  • HarryTams

Re: Where to buy unisex urinal in Europe?

Hello Sam
My awareness of the waterless urinals is the oil is not consumed.
The water goes through the oil into the sewer system. The oil remains in the cartridge thus providing a seal that prevents sewer gases from entering the dwelling/building. 

Regarding: "In China, we have a kind of waterless toilet that uses foam to cover the holes. A foam generator continuously make foam on the toilet bowl."
Can you let us know a bit more about the 'foam generator toilet'? *
Harry

* Comment by moderator (EvM): more about foam toilets is now in this separate thread here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • samshancn

Thank you for your fast response.

It is really good unisex urinal. I have two questions:

Since there is a layer of oil used on top of the urine to stop the smell from the tank below, can we reuse the urine as fertilizer for crops without removing the oil? Is the separation process easy?

(In China, we have a kind of waterless toilet that uses foam to cover the holes. A foam generator continuously make foam on the toilet bowl. )

My second question: As urine may coagulate or deposit to form stains on the basin or the pipe end, which also give off smell and undelight the eyes, how do the user do to deal with them?

Cheers,

Sam Shan
The following user(s) like this post: HarryTams

• toiletrevolution
  • Botanist gone rogue - Waterless toilet and urinal supplier

Hello Sam Shan,

Here is a waterless urinal that is for ladies:

www.toiletrevolution.com/products/waterl...pass/?v=d2cb7bbc0d23

This unit would typically be installed in a stylish bathroom but since it does not require electricity or any water ( the Separett unit does require water and electricity ) it is also suitable in an off grid setting. There is a patented oil based trap that prevents odours getting from the sewer into the room. Here is an off grid installation (link below to facebook site)

www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=279475066721...et=a.488028707882843

Cheers :-)
Patrick Boylan
www.toiletrevolution.com/

• samshancn

The basin like urinal reminds me of a spitting pot used for taking urine at night in the old days when there was not flush toilets available in the house.  Covered with a lid after each use, the utensil worked well. People now often think about more of women when it comes to designing unisex urinals. If we changed an angle, we may have a better design idea.

Sam Shan

• LiquidGold

Hi Carol,

We designed the "Weestand" to allow or multiple ways of use, most females in certain environments tend to hover over the Weestand very, a behaviour custom to using public space where from a very early age girls are taught not to sit on the conventional toilet. With that, data we then changed the design to allow for the same action, but a lot easier to use, no human interaction and waterless technology.

Pertaining to flow rates, splashes and height. The Weestand is coating with a special nano-tech spray which will allow seamless flow with no residue buildup, the design does not allow for any pooling, especially as it was designed to be waterless. The Weestand was used and tested by females ranging from 6 years- 75 years, in schools, festivals, corporates building and mines.

We have 8 schools with over 350 female students in South Africa that has been using our technology for more than a year and going extremely well.

We have done several festivals in Holland, with an overwhelmingly positive response to the technology.

Our website is currently under construction and will be live by next week.

Herewith a few more images:

Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Ecowaters

Two posters have mentioned the Separett sit-down urine-only toilet stool. I don't think these are in wide use.

The urinals by Liquid Gold (I wrote a book with that title long ago!) is the same shape as the one introduced by a Dutch company 10+ years ago. It did not get market traction.
Some male urinals on the market have this shape. One low-cost plastic one in the United States can be used by women.

I like the colors.
The protruding part of the urinal looks narrow.

Female urinals require a special kind of acceptance. There are splash issues, clothing issues, height issues, etc.
A few female urinals from over the years are featured in my book, Liquid Gold.
Women seem to accept them more when they are best able to direct their aim. Some female urinals include funnels.
Women must be told to back up to a urinal.
Also, releasing a female bladder sometimes relaxes the sphincter, so the urinal should be easy to clean.

It would be good to hear where these urinals are installed and see photos of the installations.

Carol Steinfeld
Book writer, researcher, workshop presenter, eco-toilet vendor, market transformer

carol-steinfeld.com (personal)
www.ecotoilets.org (soon)
ecotechproducts.net

• LiquidGold

Dear Bogdan,

I trust you are well,

We own a company called LiquidGold, we operate in Africa and Europe, with our offices in the Netherlands. LiquidGold manufactures gender neutral urinate only toilets called WEESTAND, it is a urinal for male and females, images attached,

To date we have over 6000 active females uses with 95% acceptance rate, both in Europe and Africa.

Let me know
Orion Herman
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

In response to Carol's last post I am wondering whether a "urine-only toilet stool" couldn't be considered a urinal? Here is a photo of the device that Separett calls a urinal:

I took the photo from here: www.toiletrevolution.com/products/compos...00-waterless-urinal/

They call it "Separett Pee 1000 – Low Water Urinal - AC Electric - Urine Only - Self Contained".

According to Wikipedia, the definition of a urinal is: "A urinal is a sanitary plumbing fixture for urination only."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinal

So that makes the Separett device a urinal, doesn't it? Or are you saying something should only be called a "urinal" if it can be used comfortably without touching the surface of the device?

Regarding the funnel that you mentioned, in case others don't know these devices, see here under the name of "female urination device":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urination_device ("A female urination device, female urination aid, or stand-to-pee device (STP) is a device which aids a woman or girl to urinate while standing upright.")
I think they only serve a niche market though.

Bogdan: you made a comment about the blocking liquid used by Uridan. I agree with you. I far prefer the other solution used e.g. by Keramag which is a flat silicone rubber tube (or two curtains in the case of the so-called EcoSmellStop by Peter Dahm) which opens when urine flows through.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Ecowaters

Separett does not make unisex urinals nor has been interested in making wall or standing urinals. The link above is for a urine-only toilet stool.

A few unisex urinals---marketed as such--have been on the market but rarely get market traction.

Nearly any urinal that protrudes out toward the user can be used by women if they are willing to use them. The urinal has to be lower than many men's urinals are posted. Women also expect more privacy than men do.

Alternately, women can use funnel-like devices to direct their urine stream to a urinal.

The real issue is whether women will use them.
Book writer, researcher, workshop presenter, eco-toilet vendor, market transformer

carol-steinfeld.com (personal)
www.ecotoilets.org (soon)
ecotechproducts.net

• BPopov
    Topic Author
  • Ecologist involved with ecosanitation in Ukrainian Carpathians

Hi Patrick!

Thank you!
We actually have Separett dealer in Ukraine . I should ask them about this model.
Best ,

Bogdan
Bogdan Popov
The Ecosolutions Forge
www.ecoforge.org

• toiletrevolution
  • Botanist gone rogue - Waterless toilet and urinal supplier

Hi Bogdan,

Here is a unisex urinal made by Separett in Sweden. It requires AC 230 V power and also a water connection to rinse the bowl after use:

www.toiletrevolution.com/products/compos...00-waterless-urinal/

There is also a non electric version...

This unit does not require ongoing fluids or cartridges. We can ship to you in Ukraine (although this would be expensive as not in the EU), but you probably will find a Separett dealer nearer to your location. Check the Separett website. I know there is one in Germany (Berger Bio Technik) but again there will be border issues as Ukraine is not in the EU...

Queries welcome,

Patrick
www.toiletrevolution.com
Patrick Boylan
www.toiletrevolution.com/

• BPopov
    Topic Author
  • Ecologist involved with ecosanitation in Ukrainian Carpathians

Hello Elisabeth!

Thank you very much for the tips!

I also came across Uridan although another model which seems to be unisex rather than gender biased. www.uridan.com/en/designs/compass/

What is not pleasant is necessity to be dependent constantly on purchasing their special liquids for smell blocking as well as washing.
Best,
Bogdan
Bogdan Popov
The Ecosolutions Forge
www.ecoforge.org

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds