Where to buy unisex urinal in Europe?

• BPopov
    Topic Author
  • Ecologist involved with ecosanitation in Ukrainian Carpathians

Where to buy unisex urinal in Europe?

Hello!

We need to purchase two unisex urinals but cannot find who sells them in Ukraine. Could anyone suggest where
to buy them in Europe nearby (Germany, Poland, Czech republic, Slovakia, Hungary)?
Thanks,
Bogdan

Bogdan Popov
The Ecosolutions Forge
www.ecoforge.org
You need to login to reply
  • muench
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Where to buy unisex urinal in Europe?

Hi Bogdan,

I don't think anyone is manufacturing unisex urinals at present. If I had to dig into this, my first point of call would be the Wikipedia article on female urinals:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urinal

You've probably already read it (it's been expanded quite a bit compared to a year ago).

I just took another look and it led me to this website of an Italian company who has a product called girly urinal:
www.stylepark.com/en/catalano/girly-urinal

The Wikipedia article also sent me to this website by Uridan to the urinal model "captain" which is a female urinal but could also be used by males (they'd probably find it too low though):
www.uridan.com/modelle/captain/

What else have you found so far?

Regards,
Elisabeth

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum
(Forum moderation used to be funded via SEI project ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 ))

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
  • BPopov
    Topic Author

Hello Elisabeth!

Thank you very much for the tips!

I also came across Uridan although another model which seems to be unisex rather that gender biased. www.uridan.com/en/designs/compass/

What is not pleasant is necessity to be dependent constantly on purchasing their special liquids for smell blocking as well as washing.
Best,
Bogdan

Bogdan Popov
The Ecosolutions Forge
www.ecoforge.org
  • toiletrevolution
  • Botanist gone rogue - Waterless toilet and urinal supplier

Hi Bogdan,

Here is a unisex urinal made by Separett in Sweden. It requires AC 230 V power and also a water connection to rinse the bowl after use:

www.toiletrevolution.com/products/compos...00-waterless-urinal/

There is also a non electric version...

This unit does not require ongoing fluids or cartridges. We can ship to you in Ukraine (although this would be expensive as not in the EU), but you probably will find a Separett dealer nearer to your location. Check the Separett website. I know there is one in Germany (Berger Bio Technik) but again there will be border issues as Ukraine is not in the EU...

Queries welcome,

Patrick
www.toiletrevolution.com
  • BPopov
    Topic Author

Hi Patrick!

Thank you!
We actually have Separett dealer in Ukraine . I should ask them about this model.
Best ,

Bogdan

Bogdan Popov
The Ecosolutions Forge
www.ecoforge.org
  • Ecowaters

Separett does not make unisex urinals nor has been interested in making wall or standing urinals. The link above is for a urine-only toilet stool.

A few unisex urinals---marketed as such--have been on the market but rarely get market traction.

Nearly any urinal that protrudes out toward the user can be used by women if they are willing to use them. The urinal has to be lower than many men's urinals are posted. Women also expect more privacy than men do.

Alternately, women can use funnel-like devices to direct their urine stream to a urinal.

The real issue is whether women will use them.

Book writer, researcher, workshop presenter, eco-toilet vendor, market transformer

www.ecowatersprojects.org
www.ecovita.net
www.carol-steinfeld.com (personal)
www.ecotoilets.org (soon)
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.911 seconds