Introducing STeP, the Sanitation Technology Platform (helps partners of the Gates Foundation by streamlining the risk of technology development and commercialization)

• muench
    Topic Author
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer)

Introducing STeP, the Sanitation Technology Platform (helps partners of the Gates Foundation by streamlining and removing the risk of technology development and commercialization)

I would like to bring to your attention a relatively new website and initiative called STeP, which stands for Sanitation Technology Platform.

It was set up with funding by the Gates Foundation and implemented by RTI (RTI is a SuSanA partner, see here: www.susana.org/en/community/partners/list/details/557 ).

The website is useful for anyone who wants to get an update on what the BMGF-funded projects that are dealing with technologies are up to. It also has a small resource centre that anyone can use:

Reports and resources are now organized around three portfolios of information:

Reinvented Toilet
- What is the global market opportunity for the RT technologies?
- How do RT technologies compare against existing sanitation solutions?
- Who are potential buyers and users of RT technologies?

Omni Processor
- What is the global market opportunity for the Omni Processor portfolio? What are the use cases for the Omni Processor technologies?
- What are the economics of the OP portfolio? How do I build the business case (including output valuation)?
- What is the value proposition of the OP? How does the OP compare against existing sanitation solutions?

Field Testing and Supporting Activities
- Applying a user-centered design approach to the Reinvented Toilet development process
- STeP Global Testing Protocols and Parameters
- Ethics and Safety Guide

STeP is a collaboration platform of support for partners of the Gates Foundation that is, itself, based on partnership. Together, with leading organizations, universities, and experts around the world, STeP delivers expertise and support in market intelligence, engineering and technical support, research and testing capabilities, user insights, commercialization, and more.

All the publications on their website are free for anyone to download and use. To access their services though, you have to be a BMGF grantee, in their portfolio of "Transformative Technologies" (if I am not wrong).

Regards,
Elisabeth

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum via SEI project ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
E-mail me to get involved: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.916 seconds