Characterization of Feces and Urine: review paper (Cranfield University, 2015)

• sharadaprasad
  • Sharada Prasad CS

Re: Characterization of Feces and Urine: review paper (Cranfield University, 2015)

Thank for this great paper, Dr.Parker.

I browsed through the paper and saw a paragraph on Bacterial Composition (3.2.2) but did not see much about concentration of pathogens in feces. Was it a conscious decision not to list pathogens as part of the feces and urine characteristics? While the paper comprehensively covers other characteristics, I am curious to know the thinking behind the exclusion of pathogenic concentration.

(Please pardon me if I seem to have missed a table or section in the paper)

Best,
CS Sharada Prasad (CSP), PhD
Academic, Sanitation expert, WaSH consultant, and Photographer
sharadaprasad.com
You need to login to reply
  • AParker
    Topic Author
  • Lecturer in International Water and Sanitation at Cranfield University, working on many apsects of urban water and sanitation, including leading Cranfield's response to the BMGF Reinvent the Toilet Challenge.

Re: Characterization of Feces and Urine: review paper (Cranfield University, 2015)

Hi Sharada,

You're right, pathogen composition is not included in detail. I think that would be another paper in itself! We have focussed on parameters which affect treatability in a conventional sense - e.g. most sewage works consents don't include pathogens.

Sorry not to be more help!

Alison

Alison Parker
www.nanomembranetoilet.org
Apply to study our MSc in Community Water and Sanitation:
www.cranfield.ac.uk/courses/masters/comm...-and-sanitation.html
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.707 seconds