- Urban sanitation is about a chain of services
- Urban sanitation must be poor-inclusive and implemented within a citywide framework
- Urban sanitation cannot be tackled in isolation
- Urban sanitation requires a strong enabling environment
- Urban sanitation needs clear accountability
I find his points to be very true. Looking at the full sanitation value chain, ensuring a pro poor framework is part and parcel of the implementation, incorporating other aspects and cross cutting issues such as Solid Waste Management and MHM, anchoring the urban sanitation within the institutional framework to ensure ownership and transparency are key issues that need to be tackled symbiotically to ensure sustainable sanitation.
Looking forward to your inputs and thoughts.
GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH