Gospel of ecological sanitation was spread today!

Page selection:
  • ecosanityservices

Re: Gospel of ecological sanitation was spread today!

Dear Christian.
Hirumbi primary school UDDTS were constructed by ecosanity services Ltd and on this day, were were training and handing over the facilities. We have already established a health club with one teacher in charge. The pupils will be bringing ash from their homes. Some ash will also come from the school kitchen. The general cleaning will be done by the pupils with the teacher (Mrs Wesonga) in charge. We have planned for a followup training and monitoring as they begin to use the facilities. Watch this space for more updates.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • christian.rieck

Re: Gospel of ecological sanitation was spread today!

Dear Kirsikka,
Thank you for the great pictures. I would be interested to know how the school is planning to organise the cleaning, refilling of ash and provision of toilet paper as well as providing water and soap for the wash basins? Please enlighten us on that?

Cheers
Christian
GIZ Uganda
Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation (ENWASS)
Sanitation for Millions
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• kirsikkapynnonen
    Topic Author

Gospel of ecological sanitation was spread today!

[Ecosan training in Hirumbi Primary School Kakamega, Western province of Kenya]

6 UDDTs were built in Hirumbi Primary School last year November. Toilets were donated from Austrian organization. Yesterday, in the beginning of the new semester and the New Year 2012, all the pupils and the teachers as well as some parents and community members were attending the awareness creation. The occasion was honored by the presence of Ministry of Education, village leaders and local authority! Training included introduction to the ecological sanitation, how to use and maintain the facilities correctly, facts about its benefits and how to reuse the urine and compost from UDDTs. Many questions were made by locals, and good answers given back by the trainers and Sanitation Experts Moses Wakala and Martha Alaka.

I was very happy to be part of this ecosan training. And see all the interests towards this technology! I’m sure that people who listened the presentations and speeches today are convinced about the goodness of UDDTs. I certainly hope that these beautiful UDDTs will be used (correctly), well operated and maintained and that the products are utilized.

Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds