EcoSan Tourist

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Madagascar EcoSan Tourist

Note by moderator: Dear Sylvester,
The forum does not support attachments of docx-documents (well, one would have to save them and then change the file name extension). Thus please attach them as doc-document (old Word) or better as pdf file or even better simply give us the link to your website.

Please also introduce yourself as it is your first posting, and please explain the ecosan experiences you have made in Madagascar?

Thanks,
Elisabeth
(in my role as moderator)
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: OlivierC

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Silvester

Re: EcoSan Tourist

Dear Sara Rhoton,

We are from Sanitec,Madagascar.

We would like to invite you to visit our plant where you can witness many innovations in sanitation including Eco-San.

Silvester,
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Mobile: 00261331213376

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• ajay

you can visit Safai Vidhyalay, nr gadhinagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. By any chance if you travelling the state of Gujarat, i am extending my support to organise your trip for the same, you can call me at 09427675268 or can reach me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., regards, ajay
The following user(s) like this post: srhoton

• ojwando2009

Hi Sarah,

Its good to hear that you are an Ecosan tourist and I'm also happy to hear that in your trip you will also visit Kenya. I would want to inform you that you've made the right choice since there are a number of Ecosan projects previously implemnted in Kenya. Some of these are still on and other projects on-going especially in the Western part of Kenya. This is due to the high water tables and weak soils that hinder the viability of pit latrines most common in the rural areas.

You are highly welcome and feel free to consult once you land here.

Good bye

Kennedy
Hi to all SuSaNA members. It realy feels good to hear from you. Particularly the SuSaNa Secretariat comprising of Elizabeth and Rahul. Thank you all.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, srhoton

• CAGIEA

Hallo Sara Rhoton,

I wish to introduce to you our social enterprise company now engaged in sanitation marketing in East Africa. We also offer other social services.
website www.cagiea.com email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We have been impressed by your planned visit to Uganda in August please when you are in Uganda. We invite you to our offices and we shall be pleased if you can put a visit to our offices on your agenda. We wish to share with you matter concerning sanitation as a business in the region.

Regards
Nabulime Mastulah
Publicity Direction
The following user(s) like this post: srhoton

• srhoton
    Topic Author

EcoSan Tourist

Dear All,
As this is my first post to the forum, please allow me to introduce myself. I am a water/wastewater engineer from New Mexico, USA. My work experience has varied including projects such as water supply and conveyance, constructed wetlands for storm water treatment, wastewater treatment (activated sludge, recently an EBPR MBR), and water rights and water use policy development.

I am interested in sustainable sanitation, particularly nutrient recovery, food security and energy generation. I enjoy reading the SuSanA forum and find the website to be a terrific resource!

I am currently taking a leave of absence from work to travel. Part of what I aspire to do while traveling is to meet people implementing EcoSan and visit EcoSan projects. Also, I would like to see and use an EcoSan toilet (a UD, UDDT, or other). :)

I will be in India through mid-July, Kenya, then Uganda in August, and possibly South Africa.

Do you have any suggestions for an "EcoSan tourist" like me? Could I visit you? I have reached out to some of you already, and welcome input from all.

Kind Regards,
Sara Rhoton

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds