www.LiftUpThePoor.net website

Page selection:
  • Vanden
  • Development Officer at Wherever the Need.

Re: www.LiftUpThePoor.net website

I feel like the bashing of the religious, the starving kids and the barrage of animations on the website completely outweigh the quality content on the site. My own personal opinion is that the purpose and content of the website needs to be considered further.

Amos, you said the website shared different toilet designs that could be useful in various situations, but most of the website is not dedicated to this. If this is what the website is meant to be for, a lot of the content on the site shouldn't be there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • luethich
  • C Lüthi - Strategic Environmental Sanitation Planning @ Eawag

:angry: Fully agree with Julius - this kind of imagery is totally inappropriate and smacks of paternal, neo-colonial do-gooderism...

C. Luethi, Sandec
> Research focus: the validation of multi-stakeholder planning and programming approaches and the development of planning tools for urban infrastructure in unserved areas. My specific research interests are urban strategic sanitation planning, servicing unplanned urban and peri-urban areas, and multi-stakeholder planning and programming.

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Quite honestly... get rid of those pictures of starving children!
It paints a completely wrong factual picture (those kind of starving effects don't come from depleted soils or bad sanitation), seems incredibly condescending to me and is also generally considered mal-practise if you are asking for donations.

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

www.LiftUpThePoor.net website

Hello Forum Readers,

We just started a new website called "www.LiftUpThePoor.com . It shares numerous different toilet designs that could be useful in various situations. Your help in sharing the site would be much appreciated.

Although we had various compliments and encouragements on the site, I am finding some do not appreciate some of the photos which possibly should be and will be changed. Yet I fully believe much sickness and deathly famine could be prevented with proper management of waste. I will be gone for a week so likely won't be posting.

Blessings.
Amish background. Natural born questioner, researcher, and developer.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds