SFD Exchange meeting in Stockholm - recording available

Page selection:
  • Anthony
  • I am an Independent Consultant with an interest in all things sanitation related, which includes water supply of course.

Re: Watch live SFD Exchange meeting in Stockholm - Starting now!

Hi all,
I finally made my way to the end of the YouTube livestream clip on the SFD exchange meeting in Stockholm. Whether you're an SFD-aficionado or not, I strongly recommend watching it, especially the discussions at about the 1 hour mark, and the 4 hour mark.
There are some excellent comments by SFD experts, too many to repeat here, but the main point, repeated again and again throughout the meeting, is that the SFD is an "overly-simplistic tool", by design, where the main objective is to "shock" decision-makers into a discussion on the sanitation problem in their cities, and open their minds as to the non-sewered sanitation paradigm, i.e. FSM.
The broad spectrum of collaborators and programs which use the SFD, or tools like it, is very encouraging, and I look forward to learning more about its use as the tool evolves in the years to come.
Thanks to everyone who was there, for such an open and stimulating discussion.
Best regards,
Anthony.
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary, Doreen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Watch live SFD Exchange meeting in Stockholm - Starting now!

Awesome, thanks for the reminder. I clicked on the link and then on the Youtube picture and it works! I am listening to it now.
This is the way to go for the future! :-)
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• CeciliaRodrigues
    Topic Author

Re: SFD Exchange meeting in Stockholm - recording available

Hi all,

Join us in Stockholm through the live stream: sfd.susana.org/news-events/events/41-sfd...orld-water-week-2016

Looking forward to your participation!

Cecilia.
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat
The following user(s) like this post: John Brogan

• CeciliaRodrigues
    Topic Author

Re: SFD exchange meeting in Stockholm - 26 August 2016 - link to livestream

Dear all,

Thank you for your interest in the meeting. I am happy to let you know that we organized a livestream this year to enable the participation of many who will not be able to join us in Stockholm:

The meeting will start at 14:00(CEST). You can check the time in your location using for instance, websites like: www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html.

Live interaction will be possible via Twitter, using the hashtag #SFDExchange2016 and #WWWeek

I attached to this post the final meeting agenda and I am pasting here the schedule, so you can orient yourself:

Meeting schedule:

14:00 – 14:10 Opening Arne Panesar (GIZ)

Session 1: Planning and Policy
14:10 – 14:25 The linkages between SaniPath and SFD: How SaniPath can support actions after a finished SFD process; by Suraja Raj (Emory University)
14:25 – 14:40 Developing SFDs from Performance Assessment Data in India; by Dinesh Mehta (CEPT University)
14:40 – 14:55 Adaptation of the SFD concept on a national level to monitor safely sanitation and safe treatment of Wastewater; by Barbara Evans (on behalf of WHO)
14:55 – 15:10 Discussion on Session 1

Session 2: Resource Recovery
15:10 – 15:25 Resource Value Mapping: Estimating the Potential for Resource Recovery from Productive Sanitation in Urban Areas; by Kim Andersson (SEI)
15:25 – 15:40 Improving urban water services in Chiang Mai, Thailand using ECAM and SFDs; by Astrid Michels (GIZ – WaCCliM)
15:40 – 15:50 Discussion on Session 2

15:50 – 16:20 Coffee Break

Session 3: Technical Aspects

16:20 – 16:35 Faecal waste volume calculation: the experience of using the tool in two cities in Indonesia; by Ingeborg Krukkert
(IRC)
16:35 – 16:50 Drawing excreta flow diagrams and additional fluxes, combined with simulation - the Simba# technical tool; by Manfred Schuetze (IfaK e.V.)
16:50 – 17:05 The Beaumont SFD Generator: A demonstration of the tool; by Andrew Whithesell (Beaumont Design)
17:05 – 17:20 SFD data to graphic converter tool; by Barbara Evans (SFD PI)
17:20 – 17:35 Discussion on Session 3

17:35 – 18:00 Sum-up of the results and closing remarks
Arne Panesar (GIZ) and NN [tbc]

I hope to see you there!
Cecilia.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• Doreen

Re: SFD exchange meeting in Stockholm - 26 August 2016

Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for the information. I look forward to the SFD exchange meeting particularly on how the SFD concept can be integrated by urban water utilities.

Best regards,

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• xantheboo

Hi there,

Just following up if there is any chance that this SFD exchange meeting might be streamed for those that are not able to make it to the Stockholm World Water Week this year?

I would love to be a part of this.

All the best

Xanthe

• annetempel
  • I work for GIZ's sustainable sanitation programme

Dear Mariska,
thanks for your question.

A draft agenda of the 22nd SuSanA meeting (27 August, Stockholm) is now available on the meeting page: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

You'll also find an overview of all SuSanA WG meetings taking place during the Stockholm World Water Week.

Hope to see you soon in Sweden,

Anne (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)
GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Division for Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

• MRonteltap
  • Lecturer Sanitary Engineering teaching in SuSan at UNESCO-IHE

Hi Cecilia, super nice you are organizing this,
I'll be happy to attend!

Any news on the program of the Susana partner meeting? Or did I miss it..? Thanks!

• CeciliaRodrigues
    Topic Author

SFD exchange meeting in Stockholm - 26 August 2016

Dear all,

I would like to bring to your attention the SFD-exchange meeting that the SFD Promotion Initiative will be convening together with SuSanA Working Group 6 (Cities) prior to the Stockholm World Week this year.

The meeting is taking place on Friday, August 26th, 14:00 - 18:00 at SEI. Below you can find an overview of the presentations:

- Adaptation of the SFD concept on a national level to monitor safely sanitation and safe treatment of wastewater, Kate Medlicott (WHO) - TBC
- The linkages between SaniPath and SFD: How SaniPath can support actions after a finished SFD process, Suraja Raj (Emory University
- Developing SFDs from Performance Assessment Data in India, Dinesh Mehta (CEPT University)
- Resource Value Mapping: Estimating the Potential for Resource Recovery from Productive Sanitation in Urban Areas, Kim Andersson (SEI)
- Improving urban water services in Chiang Mai, Thailand using ECAM and SFDs, Astrid Michels (GIZ – WaCCliM)
- Faecal waste volume calculation: the experience of using the tool in two cities in Indonesia, Ingeborg Krukkert (IRC)
- Drawing excreta flow diagrams and additional fluxes, combined with simulation - the Simba# technical tool, Manfred Schuetze (IfaK e.V.)
- The Beaumont SFD Generator: A demonstration of the tool, Andrew Whithesell (Beaumont Design)
- SFD data to graphic converter tool, Barbara Evans (University of Leeds, SFD Promotion Initiative)

You can find download the meeting agenda here: www.susana.org/images/SuSanA_Meeting_22/...ing_Draft-Agenda.pdf

More information and registration for SuSanA events prior and during the Stockholm World Water Week can be found here: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards,
Cecilia.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds