Definition & calculation of beneficiaries - about how many people they have reached within a certain period of time

• SimonG
    Topic Author

Definition & calculation of beneficiaries

Dear SuSanA community,

During research, I often stumble upon these beautiful numbers presented by large organisations about how many people they have reached within a certain period of time. I was wondering if anybody has experience or knowledge of how to define beneficiaries and how to calculate them. I am looking for a reference document from Unicef, WaterAid, etc. that clearly outlines how these organisations quantify their impact.

When it comes to building latrines e.g. in schools or households defining direct beneficiaries is rather easy. However, when it comes to the construction of sanitary facilities in public institutions, conducting capacity development or advocacy measures (training of teaching staff or other knowledge multipliers), a clear and reasonable structure of how to calculate beneficiaries is needed (direct as well as indirect beneficiaries).

Any additional input will be highly appreciated. Feel free to share relevant Documents.

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Simon
The following user(s) like this post: drgs
You need to login to reply
  • SimonG
    Topic Author

Re: Definition & calculation of beneficiaries

Nobody within the SuSanA community that has relevant experiences concerning the questions raised above?

Best regards,

Simon
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.642 seconds