Is the world on track to implement 'integrated water resources management' (IWRM)?

Page selection:
  • IGleeson
    Topic Author
  • Interested in contributing to achieving the SDGs.

Re: Is the world on track to implement 'integrated water resources management' (IWRM)?

Hi Elisabeth,

Thank you for your interest in our survey and workshop. My colleagues said it went well. The participants shared lots of useful information and challenged us constructively. We will build the learning into our project going forward and hope there will be further opportunity to collaborate.

Regarding your suggestion about the IWRM article on Wikipedia, I will need to defer to my colleagues who are experts on the subject. I will suggest to them that they review the article with a view to improving it but am not sure how quickly they can respond.

Happy to continue the discussion if you have any other suggestions.

Regards,
Irene
Irene Gleeson, Associate, Arup

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Is the world on track to implement 'integrated water resources management' (IWRM)?

Hi Irene,

Welcome to the forum! We don't often hear about IWRM (integrated water resources management) on this forum, so I am glad to see you bring this up.

I took a look at your survey, but it's for sure longer than one minute! :P I was going to fill it in but realised I don't know enough about IRWM to do so.

How did your workshop go at the IRC conference?

And have you thought about improving the Wikipedia article about IWRM? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_water_resources_management

It's the first place most non-experts would go to if they don't know what IWRM is. I can help you with editing the Wikipedia article if you don't know how to and which conventions to follow (see also here: forum.susana.org/198-wikipedia).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• IGleeson
    Topic Author
  • Interested in contributing to achieving the SDGs.

Is the world on track to implement 'integrated water resources management' (IWRM)?

Dear SuSanA colleagues,

Is the world on track to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 6, Target 6.5, and implement 'integrated water resources management' (IWRM) at all levels by 2030? Will this help provide sustainable, safe water and sanitation services for those most in need? Evidence suggests countries are struggling, and implementation is weakest at a sub-national level.

Our WASH Basins project, a collaboration between Arup and FRANK Water, is developing a toolkit for local government agencies in India to help secure the provision of safe and sustainable drinking water and sanitation using IWRM principles.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on barriers to IWRM on the 1-minute survey below. We’ll also be hosting a workshop at the IRC WASH “All Systems Go” symposium next week, at 7:30am, Wednesday, in the Fokker Terminal which will be open to all delegates – light breakfast included!

Workshop pre-survey: ovearup.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/irc-all-syst...de-meeting-survey-v2

Project website: www.arup.com/projects/wash-basins-india

Draft programme (find us on page 39): www.ircwash.org/sites/default/files/all_...raft_programme_1.pdf

Many thanks,

Irene
Irene Gleeson, Associate, Arup

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds