"Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: "Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library

Dear Cecilia,

I noticed that the SDG Interlinkages Document by SuSanA still has a "draft" watermark (see www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2859).

When do you think it will be upgraded into a final version? Is there currently still a review process ongoing?

Also, we have cited the document in the new Wikipedia article about SDG6. Are there any key statements from the document that are understandable to the layperson / general public which should be pulled out and included in the Wikipedia article?
(I've also written about it here earlier today: forum.susana.org/discussions-about-speci...hich-mentions-susana)

I've thought about taking the schematic that has SDG6 in the centre but decided against it, as it's too detailed for this purpose.
Personally I think it is not so useful to show all other 16 SDGs; I would have rather focused on those SDGs which are most closely related to SDG6, like health, education, hunger. Probably every other sector experts would argue that their SDG is also central to all the other SDGs... They are all interlinked to a great extent.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • CeciliaRodrigues
    Topic Author

"Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” - Interlinkages Document available in the SuSanA Library

Dear all,

In the context of the 10th SuSanA anniversary, the SuSanA Secretariat together with the team of authors composed by Roland Schertenleib, Elisabeth Kvarnström and Patrick Bracken had updated the SuSanA Vision (you can find the discussion here and the document in the SuSanA Library). The document outlines the contribution of sustainable sanitation in the context of the 2030 Agenda and therefore SuSanA’s role in it.

To facilitate the discussion, the group prepared a background document – “Sustainable sanitation and the SDGs: interlinkages and opportunities” or, in short, just “Interlinkages Document”. The document outlines how sanitation links to all sustainable development goals and assesses the challenges and opportunities to the sanitation sector. SuSanA core group members and WG leads have provided valuable input to this document, highlighting how the topics of the WGs are linked to other SDGs. At the 24th SuSanA Meeting in Stockholm this year, Roland and Elisabeth have presented the document and now the document is available to all SuSanA community: www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/2859.

As the successful implementation of sustainable sanitation systems does not only contribute to SDG6, but also to many of the other SDGs, redoubling the efforts within the sanitation sector and effective outreach for intersectoral cooperation will be required. The interlinkages document aims at stimulating and supporting the initiation of this process.

In case there is any aspect in this document that you would like to explore, you can get in contact with the respective working group leads.

We hope that this document will inspire and contribute to your work.

Kind regards,
Cecilia – on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds