Searching for Tender/Bid Documents for Small-Scale WASH PPP

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Searching for Tender/Bid Documents for Small-Scale WASH PPP

Dear Jason,

Did you track something down in the meantime? I guess it is the kind of thing that consultants would have on the laptops (and perhaps not be willing to share)... It would be nice to collect such example tender and bid documents in the SuSanA library.

Actually, come to think of it, we have this "Toolkit for urban public sanitation projects in Kenya (Version 1.0)" from Kenya, perhaps that's useful for you:
www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/1273
There are some example contracts in there but no tender documents, I think.

As you mentioned Liberia, I was just wondering if you're connected to any of the three projects in Liberia that are listed here in the SuSanA project database?:
www.susana.org/en/resources/projects?vbl...&vbl_20%5B468%5D=468

The one by PSI sounded particularly interesting, however, they didn't get follow-up funding, I think:
Using performance-based contracting to build a pay-for-use sanitation market in Monrovia, Liberia
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/170-pu...ovia-liberia-psi-usa

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • jasonlopez
    Topic Author
  • Environmental health person, MPH, builder, RPCV, cook, and domino expert

Goufrane,

Thank you for the information. The toolkit has been very useful for developing contracts, but unfortunately did not include any information on RFPs or bidding document.

If you know of any other information, please let me know.

Jason
Jason Lopez
+1 (202) 999-8226 (WhatsApp)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
@xasonlopez

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Goufrane,

That is an interesting document. Is there a similar document for sanitation projects - wastewater treatment plants, etc?

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• Goufrane
  • Looking for lasting and equitable solutions to water and sanitation issues, also interested in world affairs and philosophy

Dear Jason

This World Bank toolkit on how to design PPP contracts for small-scale water projects could be useful: www.wsp.org/sites/wsp.org/files/publicat...tracting-Toolkit.pdf

All the best

Goufrane
Goufrane Mansour
Consultant
Trémolet Consulting
www.tremolet.com

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Lopez,

I often see tender notices for small projects in newspapers, given by NGOs. I suggest that you contact OXFAM, Pakistan. Their Hyderabad (Sindh) office might have initiated small projects through tendering. Alternatively, they can contact other NGOs in Sindh, Pakistan, for helping you out.

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• jasonlopez
    Topic Author
  • Environmental health person, MPH, builder, RPCV, cook, and domino expert

Searching for Tender/Bid Documents for Small-Scale WASH PPP

I am working with Oxfam Liberia on implementing PPPs for the management of communal latrines and small-scale piped water systems in urban areas of Monrovia. We are using a community based enterprise (CBE) model where the entrepreneurs that operate the WASH facilities part of the same community in which the service is provided, in order to establish a required social content in service delivery.

Currently, we are developing tender/bid documents that are suitable for these small-enterprises (Request for proposals (RFP), evaluation criteria, contract documents, etc.). I am hoping to build off other projects to produce the best documents possible. If these projects go well, they may be adopted as standard policy.

We are hoping to find sample bidding documents for the small-business context from other countries, preferably in WASH, but other management services contracts would apply. I have scoured the internet, but most of what I have found so far applies to larger and more complex project.

If anybody has access to any such documents and would not mind sharing, please send me a message. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason Lopez
Jason Lopez
+1 (202) 999-8226 (WhatsApp)
@xasonlopez

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds