Request for literature on demand for investment in water services infrastructure

Page selection:
  • jonpar
  • As part of the Engineering team, my role at IMC is to lead on the delivery of projects requiring specific expertise on urban sanitation (including excreta/waste/wastewater/stormwater management) focusing on technical, institutional and financial aspects in project design and implementation.

Re: Request for literature on demand for investment in water services infrastructure

Dear Sacchidananda,

Thankyou for your posting to SuSanA forum. I am the lead of Working Group 2 on Finance and Economics. There is a fair amount of literature (published and grey) on this topic that is available. Please see www.susana.org/en/resources/library?vbl_2%5B%5D=&vbl_8%5B%5D=39 (this filters the library by WG 2 as a theme). The most comprehensive work is being done by WSP led by Guy Hutton. Please see www.wsp.org/content/economic-impacts-sanitation. Guy and colleagues are currently working on an ESI Toolkit which they are planning to pilot in October.

best regards,

Jonathan
Dr. Jonathan Parkinson
Principal Consultant – Water and Sanitation
IMC Worldwide Ltd, Redhill, United Kingdom
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • sachs77
    Topic Author

Request for literature on demand for investment in water services infrastructure

Dear Members,

I am a faculty member at National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, India. I am looking for literature (empirical) on 'demand for investment in water services infrastructure'. By water services, I mean access to safe drinking water and sanitation. I would appreciate if you could kindly share your thoughts and experience on the following issues:

a) Available methods for estimation of global demand for investment in water services infrastructure
b) Cost to provide access to safe drinking water to a person or household
c) Cost to provide access to sanitation to a person or household

To make the estimates robust, I need to know the unit costs from all continents, if not available for countries.

The objective of this exercise is to project demand for investment in water services infrastructure to met MDGs or beyond. Information shared with me will be used for academic purposes only not for any commercial gains.

Best regards,

Sacchidananda

--

Sacchidananda Mukherjee, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
18/2, Satsang Vihar Marg, Special Institutional Area
(Near JNU East Gate)
New Delhi – 110 067, INDIA
Ph. (O): +91-11-26960439, 26967935, 26852398, 26569780
Fax: +91-11-26852548, Mobile: +91-9868421239
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: works.bepress.com/sacchidananda_mukherjee/
Sacchidananda Mukherjee, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
National Institute of Public Finance and Policy
18/2, Satsang Vihar Marg, Special Institutional Area
(Near JNU East Gate)
New Delhi – 110 067, INDIA
Ph. (O): +91-11-26960439, 26967935, 26852398, 26569780
Fax: +91-11-26852548, Mobile: +91-9868421239
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: works.bepress.com/sacchidananda_mukherjee/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds