An article about practical experience of doing ecosanitation business in Ukraine at SSP magazine

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: An article about practical experience of doing ecosanitation business in Ukraine at SSP magazine

That's a really good article about your work, Bogdan, thanks for sharing your experiences!

I of course really like this paragraph: :-)

Continued learning is something that needs to be
practiced if you want to achieve some results in your
business. You have to constantly search for the new
information, participate in specialized internet forums
and discuss things. Someone somewhere is dealing with
the same problems as you and has perhaps already found
a solution which they might even be willing to share with
you.

For anyone interested in the situation in Ukraine or similar countries and a small business venture in sustainable sanitation, I encourage you to read this article.

The abstract is here:

Eco Solutions Forge (ESF) was founded in 2014 as a result of participating in the cewas Start-Up Programme in Switzerland.
ESF aims to change the current situation in the Ukrainian Carpathians with regard to wastewater treatment, and to offer
sustainable sanitation solutions for the tourist industry in the region. I, Bogdan Popov, the founder of ESF, is an ecologist
and blacksmith. ESF is based in Mukachevo, Ukraine. Its main activities are consulting and teaching on water and
sanitation issues, as well as designing and building wastewater treatment systems. Additional activities include designing
and building public dry toilets and rainwater harvesting systems. Lately, the main focus has been on researching and
building high-performance cold climate insulated vermifilters with biochar substrate (biopot). The most noteworthy
lesson learned is that offering ecosanitation products must go together with education, since a completely new market
is created.

www.ecosan.at/ssp/issue-17-cewas-success...n2019_10-14.pdf/view

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary, BPopov

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • BPopov
    Topic Author
  • Ecologist involved with ecosanitation in Ukrainian Carpathians

An article about practical experience of doing ecosanitation business in Ukraine at SSP magazine

Hello!
Sustainable Sanitation Practice magazine recently published my story about practical experience of bringing ecosanitation to Ukraine through business approach . Maybe you will find something useful there. Anyway the rest of the magazine is great and deserves reading.
www.ecosan.at/ssp/issue-17-cewas-success...n2019_10-14.pdf/view
Best,
Bogdan
Bogdan Popov
The Ecosolutions Forge
www.ecoforge.org
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary, cecile

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds