Shaping SuSanA's Future - survey and Sphaera's consultancy report on accelerated organizational change for SuSanA

  • muench
  • muench's Avatar
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)
  • Posts: 2529
  • Karma: 51
  • Likes received: 709

Re: Shaping SuSanA's Future - an invitation for feedback from all members

Dear all,

I wanted to give you some feedback about the results from this survey. 101 responses were received, which is 1% of our members (thank you to all those who participated!)

The consultants (Astrid and Cameron from Sphaera) used the survey results - as one tool of many - in their analysis of SuSanA, with a focus on SuSanA's organisational and governance structure. Their final report was recently posted here on the forum by Arno:
forum.susana.org/10-announcements-regard...dates?start=36#26304
(go to Page 4 of that thread if the link doesn't take you there directly, to Arno's post from 20 October).

In the Appendix of that report you also see some graphs from the survey results. I'll copy them below for your information and to get you interested to click on the full report (see Arno's post):





Here are another two pie charts to tell you more about who participated in the survey (which may or many not be representative of our 10,000 members as a whole):





I plan to post some more of the survey results in this thread next week.

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. Personally, I am very satisfied that the vast majority of those who responded said they felt welcome on the forum. This is important to me. 72% people said they felt welcome all the time or some of the time. (I hope we can make the other 28% feel more welcome in future as well.)

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum
funded via SEI project until January 2019 ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: depinder
You need to login to reply
  • Decentral
  • Decentral's Avatar
  • Independent consultant with special interest in decentralized wastewater systems
  • Posts: 24
  • Likes received: 4

Re: Sustainable Sanitation Alliance receives grant of $2.7 million to further develop its global knowledge platform

If I could add on this point: in a forum is difficult to answer technical questions, usually people do not have time, or they would need more information to answer correctly. For this reason I would support the idea to improve the library in such a way, that it would be easier to be directed to the correct source of information. Or alternatively, to use links to relevant sources. I am not sure that SuSanA needs a specific "wiki", would prefer to improve the Wikipedia. But I would agree that the available sources in the library do not provide enough technical information.

And finally, I would like to support Diana's suggestion to use the forum and communicate technical issues to non-specialists in an appropriate and easy to understand language. On my point of view it is a very important role of the forum.

Best regards,
Roumiana
You need to login to reply
  • muench
  • muench's Avatar
  • Moderator of this Forum; Freelance consultant and Wikipedian (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)
  • Posts: 2529
  • Karma: 51
  • Likes received: 709

Re: Shaping SuSanA's Future - survey and Sphaera's consultancy report on accelerated organizational change for SuSanA

Thanks for those points, Roumiana, well taken.

I am adding here another graph from the survey of Sphaera (note the relatively small sample size of only 100 responses, but still):

People were asked to react to this hypothesis:


I think this is an encouraging result for SuSanA as most people agreed with it (or were neutral)! I think this is something we should build on, and really focus on "What is our niche? What are we offering that others don't?".

Regards,
Elisabeth

Community manager and chief moderator of this forum
funded via SEI project until January 2019 ( www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @EvMuench
Sanitation Wikipedia project leader: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
Attachments:
You need to login to reply
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 2.089 seconds