Asking for your input on a research project (in-stream wastewater innovations in India)

• danielphillips
    Topic Author
  • Daniel Phillips is an urban landscape ecologist and creative practitioner. Currently a PhD candidate at the Umich (SEAS), Co-founder of Commonstudio (thecommonstudio.com). Current projects span many disciplines, contexts and cultures.

Asking for your input on a research project (in-stream wastewater innovations in India)

Hello Susana!,

As my name is Daniel Phillips, I am a PhD candidate at the University of Michigan (USA) but have spent significant time in India for my work and research (missing it greatly!).  As a part of my dissertation work, I am currently conducting research on sustainable urban water management in Indian Megacities.  I am so happy to have found the Susana community. 

I am reaching out to you as a network local thought-leader in this subject, and I'd love to get your perspective.  Specifically,  I am inviting you and your colleagues at your respective organizations to participate in a brief web-based survey (linked below).  In it, you will be introduced to several new in-situ innovations in wastewater management that are being developed by Indian innovators from across the country.  We refer to these innovations as "Provisional Green Infrastructure" or PGI. 

I'm trying to understand how you view these innovations, and their readiness for adoption within the city or locality in which you work. Your participation will be anonymous, and the results will be incorporated into scholarly publications and ongoing collaborative city-scale planning efforts. 

The survey should only take 10-15 minutes of your time, and I am hoping to collect responses by earth March.  I know you are likely busy with your official duties, but your input would be greatly appreciated!

SURVEY LINK: https://umich.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3xeTntpx1iyzVvo

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please feel free to share this link freely within your network or organization to anyone you think might be relevant.

All the best, 
Daniel
Daniel Phillips, FAAR
PhD candidate, University of Michigan
School for Environment and Sustainability (SEAS)
Founder, COMMONStudio ( www.thecommonstudio.com )
Twitter: @thecommonstudio
424-209-2650
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:
You need to login to reply
  • danielphillips
    Topic Author
  • Daniel Phillips is an urban landscape ecologist and creative practitioner. Currently a PhD candidate at the Umich (SEAS), Co-founder of Commonstudio (thecommonstudio.com). Current projects span many disciplines, contexts and cultures.

Re: Asking for your input on a research project (in-stream wastewater innovations in India)

Hello SuSanA! Just a reminder that this survey is still live and ready for your input!  Any help (in either taking the survey or spreading the word) would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel
Daniel Phillips, FAAR
424-209-2650
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Asking for your input on a research project (in-stream wastewater innovations in India)

Hi Daniel,
Welcome to the SuSanA discussion forum!

I had a quick look at your survey and like its innovative design where the person taking the survey can even learn something. You said:
"The study is open to anyone age 18 or older who is involved in water research or advocacy in India. It should take approximately 10-15 minutes of your time"

I am not strictly speaking eligible to take the survey and that's fine. But perhaps you also want to attach a pdf file in this thread (or a website link) where people can learn more about your "Provisional Green Infrastructure" or PGI approach? Then people could learn and discuss even if they don't work in India.

Also you had a small typo here: "I am hoping to collect responses by earth March". :-)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(with financial support from WSSCC, now SHF)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
  • danielphillips
    Topic Author

Thank you Elizabeth, 

This should have read "Early March". Anyone who may be interested in hearing more about Provisional Green Infrastructure in general can download a recent publication via Researchgate:   CLICK HERE

Daniel
Daniel Phillips, FAAR
424-209-2650
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds