Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and FSM - check out the FSM-component in the ECAM-tool

Page selection:
  • RanF

Re: Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and FSM - check out the FSM-component in the ECAM-tool

Dear Meike,

congratulations to this interesting PHD topic. While I don't have the data that you are asking for, I could highlight to you the shortcomings of the FSM component in ECAM since I've actually developed it and set up all the formulas. Just let me know if you need any help.

My plan was always to have some field tests and measurements to verify some of the emission factors as well as the predefined BOD loads etc. I am glad that the efforts to improve these values continue now.

Regards,
Ranjin
Ranjin Fernando
Water & Climate Consultant
The following user(s) like this post: paresh, Prasanta

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • csk
  • I work on the toilet, sanitation, biogas, FSM, environmental science and engineering, and I hope to contribute to the toilet revolution in China and in the global. I am happy to share Chinese WASH story.

Re: Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and FSM - check out the FSM-component in the ECAM-tool

Dear Meike,

Nice to know that. We are also working on GHG for FSM and toilet in China. 

Let us check out the FSM-component in the ECAM-tool.

Thanks 

Kind regards

Shikun CHENG
Shikun Cheng,
Associate professor, Ph.D
Center for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation (CSES)
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering
University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• AjitSeshadri
  • Marine Chief Engineer by profession (1971- present) and at present Faculty in Marine Engg. Deptt. Vels University, Chennai, India. Also proficient in giving Environmental solutions , Designation- Prof. Ajit Seshadri, Head- Environment, The Vigyan Vijay Foundation, NGO, New Delhi, INDIA , Consultant located at present at Chennai, India

Dear all,

FSM has outputs such as solid sludges, liquids as faecal matter and with flushwater or in some cases only self-clean water. Not forgetting sewage gas emission from the containment zone.

All the three discharges in the three states of medium need to be ideally consolidated and put to use in circular sustainable loop.
When these three produces are put to use in CBM ie Community Business Mechanism, then it would lead to a sustainable realisation for apt gains to community.

These practices would be least polluting, minimum GHGs and having less climate change effects.
CoPs community of practices to be documented for field data, and experiences, as given in the following text messages. 

Well wishes.
Prof Ajit Seshadri. INDIA.
Prof. Ajit Seshadri, Faculty in Marine Engg. Deptt. Vels University, and
Head-Environment , VigyanVijay Foundation, Consultant (Water shed Mngmnt, WWT, WASH, others)Located at present at Chennai, India
The following user(s) like this post: Lenzen

• Lenzen
    Topic Author
  • Hi, I am a Civil Engineer who majored in Water management. Now I am working as reserach associate at TU Berlin and write my PHD about GHG emissions in the water sector, including FSM, Desalination, Reuse,...

Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and FSM - check out the FSM-component in the ECAM-tool

Dear all,
For my PHD I am working on GHG emissions from water and wastewater utilities, its part of the Water and Wastewater Companies for Climate Mitigation (WaCCliM) project ( wacclim.org/ ) by GIZ and IWA.

During this project a tool to assess and identify GHG emissions (Energy Performance and Carbon Emissions Assessment and Monitoring Tool - Short ECAM) was developed, currently they just added the possibility of FSM assessment and it would be great to get some feedback on the FSM component:  www.wacclim.org/ecam/index.php

So if you have data from a city/utility like the connected population, which containments are in place, how often they are emptied and how, in the best case the BOD-loads, the treatment technologies and disposal types, it would be great if you could check out the FSM-component in the ECAM-tool and give us your feedback!
Obviously, I can also help up during the assessment and guide you through the use of the tool.

Best regards,
Meike

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds