Survey for PhD research: Validate Business Model innovation of Faecal Sludge Collection & Transport Service

16.4k views

Page selection:
  • mwaniki

Re: Survey for PhD research: Validate Business Model innovation of Faecal Sludge Collection & Transport Service

Hi Tahunganh

Coming to think of it, I have now remembered Dr. Chris Burckley, a Chemical Engineer at the University of Kwazulu-Natal. I met the good scholar in Kigali, Rwanda during AfricaSan3 a few years ago.

I now have successfully traced him in SuSanA forum and he is reported to have contributed immensely to the subject matter and the following article is to his credit among others:

Questions on Faecal Sludge Management

He has also co-authored ‘Variation in VIP latrine sludge contents’ with BF Bakare*, KM Foxon, CJ Brouckaert whom I think could also help you in your thesis.

Kindly search the above article in the forum and go to a message box under his image for assistance.

Best regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.
The following user(s) like this post: F H Mughal
You need to login to reply
  • F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: Survey for PhD research: Validate Business Model innovation of Faecal Sludge Collection & Transport Service

Dear Mr. Mwaniki,

I'm extremely thank to you for helping out our young colleague, Hung. You are a senior colleague, and your responses are very useful and informative.

Thanks again,

Best regards,
F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
  • mwaniki

Eng Mughal

“If there was any great lesson in life it was this: No battle was ever won with silence.”
― Shannon L. Alder

It's our duty and responsibility to empower the young to take the mantle to the next generation, if we can.

Regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.
The following user(s) like this post: F H Mughal
  • mwaniki

Hi Tahunganh

Lastly, you could still seek guidance with Dr. Jamie Radford at Cambridge University who assisted us with valuable commentaries and advise in order to reach a successful conclusion during the abridgement and editing of Dr. Barbra Senkwe’s work for publication in the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.

His contact is at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Am sure that’s enough for a day.

Please feel free to contact the forum for further assistance.

Best regards / Mwaniki
  • tahunganh
    Topic Author

Dear colleagues,

Thanks to your participation. My survey has about more than 200 respondents from around the world mostly from developing countries based on onsite sanitation system

We are on the way to analyse the data to confirm the result which components effect on the business success which can be share to you soon after is it peer-reviewed

In the meantime, in case you interested more detailed please discuss on the coming platform:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/224-th...wsscc-in-octnov-2015

Engaging the Private Sector in Sanitation

Week 1 (26 Oct - 1 Nov) will focus on raising demand through sanitation marketing and financing options including access to household credit, financing local entrepreneurs, etc.

Week 2 (2 - 8 Nov) will focus on efforts to engage local entrepreneurs to respond to this demand. to lead on this topic looking mainly at local entrepreneur engagement around toilet construction and emptying.

Week 3 (9-15 Nov) will focus on the prospects and challenges of engaging the local private sector in transport, disposal and reuse.

Will back to you soon.

Best
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds