Meeting of SuSanA Working Group 5 at World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden (25-30th August 2019) - documentation

20.8k views

Page selection:
  • ddiba
    Topic Author
  • Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute and Co-lead of SuSanA WG5

Re: Proposed meeting of SuSanA Working Group 5 at World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden (25-30th August 2019)

Dear Members of WG5 (and others interested in the group topic),

Thank you all who have responded so far to my earlier post about a possible WG5 meeting during World Water Week in Stockholm this year. So far, nine (9) people have indicated interest in participating in a possible meeting, mainly for the purpose of networking and knowledge exchange. Of the 9 people, five (5) indicated that they could be interested in sharing at such a meeting on topics such as; Circular economy in sanitation in India, experiences on convincing people to accept waterless toilets, conversion of fecal sludge to marketable products, Assessing the governance capacity of a transition to resource-oriented waste management in Chía (Colombia) and sanitation situation in Tanzania especially in Dar es Salaam.

Could those who have indicated interest in participating, please let me know if you will be in Stockholm in person or you intend to participate online. In addition, please let me know if your intention for sharing is to make a presentation or just discussions. That way, we can know better how to prepare going forward. If you hadn't yet indicated your interest in this meeting, please feel free to do so (refer to details in the original post which is quoted below).

Note: SuSanA is not able to provide travel grants for members to participate in this WG5 meeting.

Regards,
Daniel

ddiba wrote: Dear Members of WG5 (and others interested in the group topic),

As you may already be aware, many SuSanA members usually attend WWWeek and working groups usually take the opportunity to organize meetings during the week. Gina and I would like to organize a WG5 meeting during this year's WWWeek if there's interest from members. The aim and agenda of the meeting would focus on getting updates on what projects and activities related to the WG5 topic that various members are working on, brainstorming on potential joint activities and initiatives amongst group members and discussing how to update the WG5 factsheet. The date and venue are yet to be decided but could depend on members' interest and/or connecting to WWWeek sessions related to the WG5 topic. We can also arrange for the possibility of virtual/online participation via Skype for Business or other similar tools for those who won't be in Stockholm physically.

We therefore request for your feedback on;
1) If you are interested in attending?
2) What you would expect from such a meeting?
3) If you would like to share a special topic/issue (e.g. past/current work; ideas for working group activities; etc.) during the WG5 meeting.

Feel free to respond here on the SuSanA forum or use the contact button on the left of this post below my profile or even via email.

Kind regards,
Gina & Daniel
WG5 co-leads

Daniel Ddiba
Co-lead for SuSanA WG5: Productive sanitation and food security
Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org/revamp
LinkedIn: Daniel Ddiba
Twitter: @DanielDdiba

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Yangagratius
  • WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER

Re: Proposed meeting of SuSanA Working Group 5 at World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden (25-30th August 2019)

Yes, I am interested in attending this meeting. Networking and sharing experience with colleagues and learning current research ongoing in the field will be my primary reason. Probably I would like to share sanitation situation in Tanzania especially in Dar es Salaam.

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: [WG5] Proposed meeting of SuSanA Working Group 5 at World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden (25-30th August 2019)

Dear Denis,
I added the French translation to your post but I have a problem with this sentence: "I would like to know if there is an opportunity to provide a beach in French for us.". Could you please clarify what you meant? Was it a typo and you meant page, not plage? Please clarify (you can reply in French, it's no problem - we can use Google Translate again).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• BEDEMIR

Re: [WG5] Proposed meeting of SuSanA Working Group 5 at World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden (25-30th August 2019)

Bonjour Daniel
Merci pour l'effort que vous faites pour animer le WG5. Seulement quelques membres comme moi de notre groupe sont francophones et restent très limités dans leur participation aux travaux du groupe. Je voudrais savoir s'il y a une possibilité de prévoir une plage en français pour nous. Cela est mon souhait.

Best regards

Denis Ngonian Kouakou

+++++++

Google Translate (added by moderator):

Hello Daniel
Thank you for the effort you are making to animate the WG5. Only a few members like me in our group are French speaking and remain very limited in their participation in the group's work. I would like to know if there is an opportunity to provide a beach in French for us. This is my wish.

Best regards

+++++++

Conseiller de la Mutualité & œuvres Sociales en Milieu Scolaire
B.P. 84 Soubré République de Côte d'Ivoire
Directeur Exécutif ONG BEDEMIR
Siège: petit marché 01 rue Okrouyo face boulangerie du Gabon
www.bedemir.org
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012740672053&sk

• monicagarcia7

Hi everybody,

I would be very interested in attending!! Thanks for the proposal.
On one hand, I would like to hear and learn from successful communication practices that have been used to engage actors, organizations, and institutions with influence and potential interests in resource-recovery, as well as examples on how to increase awareness about the topic. On the other hand, I would like to have time and space to discuss how policies (international, national and local) are enabling or blocking the application of resource-recovery approaches in the different parts of the world.

As a student of a European Master in Environmental Science, with interests on water governance and the human-rights-based approach as one solution to deal with water challenges, I am currently working in my master thesis “Assessing the governance capacity of a transition to resource-oriented waste management in Chía (Colombia)”. In its context, and with the help of other researchers as Daniel, I have conducted a Governance Capacity Assessment study to identify key barriers and drivers that can enhance governance capacity in order to implement systems for resource recovery from organic waste streams in this city. Therefore, during the meeting I will be willing to share with the rest of the colleagues, the results got in the study, as well as pros and cons of this methodology in the context of resource-recovery within urban scenarios.

Kind regards,
Mónica

• dmarioni

1) If you are interested in attending? Yes by Skype, not Skype for business, or other open access system
2) What you would expect from such a meeting? To learn of what's actionable, other projects similar to those I'm working on, what are the prioritized needs in the current view (evolutionary view)
3) If you would like to share a special topic/issue (e.g. past/current work; ideas for working group activities; etc.) during the WG5 meeting. Conversion of fecal sludge to marketable products

• scottchen
  • trying to set up the most profitable Ecosan project for the world

Hi, Gina and Daniel:
I would like to share my experience with you on how I convinced the peasants to accept the waterless toilets made by Separett in the place where the The Sixth Happiness Inn located.
best wishes
Xiang Yang Chen
The general manager of SHEN ZHEN BLUE WATERS AND GREEN MOUNTAINS LTD , the sole importer of Separett AB waterless toilets in China.
Chen Xiang Yang, an apple dealer,is growing apples and cherries with the human waste collected from 31 school UDDTs donated by SOHO China Foundation, based in Tianshui City, Gansu Province , China. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., tel:0086 151 9380 3972

• Fiificlark09
  • User

Dear all,

Yes, I will be interested in attending. Networking with colleagues and learning current research ongoing in the field will be the primary reason. I head to India to do some field work on a project in Circular economy in sanitation in July so will probably share some findings :)

With kind regards Daniel

• ddiba
    Topic Author
  • Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute and Co-lead of SuSanA WG5

Proposed meeting of SuSanA Working Group 5 at World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden (25-30th August 2019)

Dear Members of WG5 (and others interested in the group topic),

As you may already be aware, many SuSanA members usually attend WWWeek and working groups usually take the opportunity to organize meetings during the week. Gina and I would like to organize a WG5 meeting during this year's WWWeek if there's interest from members. The aim and agenda of the meeting would focus on getting updates on what projects and activities related to the WG5 topic that various members are working on, brainstorming on potential joint activities and initiatives amongst group members and discussing how to update the WG5 factsheet. The date and venue are yet to be decided but could depend on members' interest and/or connecting to WWWeek sessions related to the WG5 topic. We can also arrange for the possibility of virtual/online participation via Skype for Business or other similar tools for those who won't be in Stockholm physically.

We therefore request for your feedback on;
1) If you are interested in attending?
2) What you would expect from such a meeting?
3) If you would like to share a special topic/issue (e.g. past/current work; ideas for working group activities; etc.) during the WG5 meeting.

Feel free to respond here on the SuSanA forum or use the contact button on the left of this post below my profile or even via email.

Kind regards,
Gina & Daniel
WG5 co-leads
Daniel Ddiba
Co-lead for SuSanA WG5: Productive sanitation and food security
Research Associate at Stockholm Environment Institute
www.sei.org/revamp
LinkedIn: Daniel Ddiba
Twitter: @DanielDdiba

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds