Capacity development surveys

Page selection:
  • meleesa
    Topic Author
  • I work for the Rural Water Supply Network Secretariat, and for Skat Consulting, on water supply and sanitation / water resources management

Re: Capacity development surveys

Dear all,

Following up on this to let you know we will be presenting the results of the surveys at a webinar hosted by SWA - see details below:

#WEBINARAlert : Join SWA partners on 7 September for our webinar: « Enabling the utility workforce of the future ».

The world faces growing water and sanitation challenges. To tackle them
effectively, we must prepare the workforce of today and tomorrow. We're
dedicated to ensuring that our sector is led by bright, motivated young
professionals.

To help with this, SWA partners are collaborating on the Career Pathways Guidance project, part of the Netherlands
Government's Valuing Water Initiative. This project provides essential
insights for utility and service managers, focusing on how to manage
their young workforce.

Be part of this conversation.
📌 Register now for the sessions:
1️⃣ Session 1 (English & French) at 10:00 CET: lnkd.in/er5QeY4y

2️⃣ Session 2 (English, Spanish & Portuguese) at 16:00 CET: lnkd.in/eYQcNReQ

#SWAinAction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • meleesa
    Topic Author
  • I work for the Rural Water Supply Network Secretariat, and for Skat Consulting, on water supply and sanitation / water resources management

Great, thanks Elka!
Best wishes
Meleesa

• elka
  • Agrónoma con especialidad en GIRH y MIC, trabajando como investigadora y coordinadora de proyectos más de 20 años en temas del agua principalmente las áreas rurales. Temas de especial interés son la gobernanza del agua, gestión local del agua y el territorio y las diversas formas y derechos de acceso al agua de riego y uso doméstico

Hi Meleesa

We will share it on the Latin american networks, I think it is a great opportunity for young professionals .
Thanks for the information
 regards
Elka Villarroel
SuSanA Latinoamerica Forum Moderator
AGUATUYA (SKAT Foundation financial support SIRWASH 2023)

Calle Nicolás Ortiz no. 33 (a media cuadra de la Av. Calampampa)
Tel (591) 4 424 2164 Casilla 6264
Cochabamba – Bolivia

Siguenos:
www.susana.org/en/mailinglist-latinoamerica
www.aguatuya.org
www.facebook.com/aguatuya

• meleesa
    Topic Author

Hi Dorothee, thank you! Indeed, our surveys are on surveymonkey in four languages:

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WSSemployers
(for utilities and service providers)

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/waterjobs4youth
(for young professionals).

Who do you recommend I speak to at CAWST?

Thanks and best wishes
Meleesa

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Hi Meleesa
Feel free to share the surveys over SuSanA forum, it reaches quite some youth organisations. But I suggest to use some sort of online form (such as monkey survey or google forms) to make it easier to fill in.
Also, are you aware of this study: iwa-network.org/publications/an-avoidabl...eveloping-economies/
And our colleagues from CAWST also are engaged in mapping capacity gaps, you might want to reach out to them...
Hope this helps, Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• meleesa
    Topic Author

Capacity development surveys

Hello,

We (RWSN) are currently involved in a small project with Aquafed to do look into employability of youth in the water and sanitation sector as part of the Valuing Water Initiative . This study has two objectives:
  1. Conduct research into Young Professionals (< 35 yo) in the water and sanitation sector:  who are they? what are their (professional) needs? This includes both  formal and casual/ informal employment for young people in the sector,
    and students.
  2. Research into the employers in the water and sanitation sector: what skills do  they think they need? Do young professionals have them?  Are they sure  they can attract the best talent to the sector?
As part of this work we have developed two surveys: one for young professionals  and one for WSS employers (by which we mean utilities and WSS service  providers, public or private). We really want to reach those areas/  countries beyond the English speaking world so will make it available in FR, SP, and PT.

We would like to ask whether it would be possible to share the link to this  survey through the SuSanA network, both with young professionals  (for the first survey) and WSS service providers (for the  second survey). I have posted the WSS service providers survey on the Forum already but I don't see an obvious place to share the survey for young people. Your thoughts on the approach are most welcome.

Thanks and best wishes
Meleesa

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.

This message has attachments files.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds