Criteria to assess the safety, sustainability and functionality of the feacal sludge management practice at household level (Cameroon)

Page selection:
  • wilfried
    Topic Author

Re: Criteria to assess the safety, sustainability and functionality of the feacal sludge management practice at household level

Dear Elisabeth,

First of all, I would like to wish you a prosperous year 2017!
I am very sorry for the late reply to your email.

I found the SusanA platform to be a very good place where people usually share their research projects and research ideas especially the WASH-related topics.

As I mentioned communication I posted on the platform (the 23th of September 2016),I would like to know if there is any criteria to assess the safety, sustainability and functionality of on-site sanitation systems in used at household levels of a tropical urban area.

I didn't received responses, but I continue doing internet check and come out helpful informations:
1- I see a very good publication of Jenkins et al. (2014):
Jenkins M.W., Cumming O., Scott B., Cairncross S., 2014. Beyond “improved” towards “safe and sustainable” urban sanitation: assessing the design, management and functionality of sanitation in poor communities of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. J. Water Sanit. Hyg. Dev. 4, 131. doi:10.2166/washdev.2013.180;
2- I read a recently published book of Stockholm Environmental Institute (SEI)- UN Environment Programme Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land Based Activities (SEI-UNEP-2016-SanWWM&Sustainability), FROM WASTE DISPOSAL TO RESOURCE RECOVERY.

I will very glad if you share with me other additional relevant literature.
Once more thank you very much for recall.

Best regards

Wilfried Letah, Cameroon
Mr. Wilfried Arsène Letah, MSc.
Ph.D Candidate in Water and Sanitation

Wastewater Research Unit, Faculty of Science
The University of Yaounde I (Cameroon)
P.O. Box 812, Yaounde, Cameroon

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Criteria to assess the safety, sustainability and functionality of the feacal sludge management practice at household level

Dear Wilfried (a German name? ;) )

I like how you use the Forum to get inputs to your PhD research. In order to help you better, can you please clarify your question?
What kind of criteria do you mean? If you mean sustainability criteria, these have been discussed in various places on the forum (use the search field at the top right to find previous threads containing "sustainability criteria").
If it's something else then please clarify?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• wilfried
    Topic Author

Criteria to assess the safety, sustainability and functionality of the feacal sludge management practice at household level (Cameroon)

Dear all,

I am working on the characterization of the existing faecal sludge management practices in household level in the capital city of Cameroon, Yaounde. In order to assess their safety, sustainability and functionality of the system, I would like to know if there are some criteria usually used.

Thank you in advance for your contribution
With regards
Mr. Wilfried Arsène Letah, MSc.
Ph.D Candidate in Water and Sanitation

Wastewater Research Unit, Faculty of Science
The University of Yaounde I (Cameroon)
P.O. Box 812, Yaounde, Cameroon

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds