What are the differences and similarities between the treatment of FS through the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and FSTP?

• nasirsahar
    Topic Author

STP vs. FSTP

Hi everyone!

May you suggest or offer some readings that may provide clarification on: ---

1. What are the differences and similarities between the treatment of FS through the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and FSTP?
2. Apart from CLUES & San-21, what are other methods for FSM planning?
3. Why should Faecal sludge not be discharged into sewerage network if sewage flows to STPs and treatment happen there?
4. Plan & Budget Components of an FSM project?
5. Is any review/compendium available on FSM projects worldwide? that may provide details of everything not only limited to technology?
You need to login to reply
  • rahulmankotia

Re: STP vs. FSTP

The link below is an aggregator of case studies in FSSM. Hope this would be of help
www.cseindia.org/mount/home

There are a lot of guidelines and practitioners guide on FSSM developed by a lot of agencies which can answer most of your queries you mentioned.
  • vitorhfdiogo
  • Environmental Engineer - Wastewater treatment projects - CORSAN

Re: STP vs. FSTP

Hi Mr. Nasiruddin,

I believe that the answer to most of these questions can be found in this book, specially regarding the questions 1 and 3:

www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3591

I would also strongly recommend you to read this one, that covers lots of treatment technology aspects and bring some very useful information on existing systems:

www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3439

And also, since you're from India, I believe this other material would help you with question no. 4:

stepsforsanitation.org/2019/02/techno-ec...ed-systems-in-india/

About the case studies, I would suggest you to go through the FSM Conferences Case Studies. (for example www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2760 ) You can find them in the knowledge hub.

Good luck with your research!
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.883 seconds