Key documents for Category 1 "Design and Technologies" (Decentralised Treatment Facilities)

10.7k views

• tgurksi

Re: Key documents for Category 1 "Design and Technologies" (Decentralised Treatment Facilities)

Thank you Alexandra, that his helpful. Do you see much trash/debris in the pour-flush toilets?

Thank you for the recommendation. I am currently working with Nicola on another project...hi Nicola!

Cheers,
Tom
The following user(s) like this post: alexandra85
You need to login to reply
  • alexandra85

Re: Key documents for Category 1 "Design and Technologies" (Decentralised Treatment Facilities)

Glad I could help. We haven't experienced trash or debris in the conservancy tanks of pour flush toilets. The tank is lined properly (concrete base slab + masonry walls) and the waste has to go through a siphon shaped pipe before entering the tank, which makes the passage of trash and debris physically impossible.
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 40
53113 Bonn, Allemagne

• HAPitot
  • Environmental engineer with a passion for low cost and resource recovery issues in sanitation

Hello Mr. Depinder,

I was checking your link and the site in general.  A lot of publications, but this particular one apparently is not available to the public, isn't it? *

In any case, thank you for the link, and

Best regards,

Hanns-André

https://scbp.niua.org/content/fssm-technology-and-costing-compendium    gives an error message (added by moderator).
Hanns-Andre Pitot
M.Eng. Environmental Pollution Control
presently in Seesen, Germany
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Hanns-André,

I looked around the Sanitation Capacity Building Platform (SCBP) website and found the document you're looking for here (not easy to find as there is no search function on their website and a typo in the document title, "feacal" instead of "faecal"):

Compendium of Feacal Sludge Treatment Plants in India
https://scbp.niua.org/?q=content/compendium-feacal-sludge-treatment-plants-india-0 

There are many interesting reports on their website. We have included some (14) in the SuSanA library, too (see here ).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(under consultancy contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
The following user(s) like this post: HAPitot
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds