Tools for the generation of sanitation systems considering novel technology options and for the quantification of nutrient, water, and total solid balances at the scale of an urban setting

26.3k views

Page selection:
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: Tools for the generation of sanitation systems considering novel technology options and for the quantification of nutrient, water, and total solid balances at the scale of an urban setting

Sounds interesting.

Can you make the models open-source?

What programming language are they written in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • goeco
  • Self employed innovator with an interest in wastewater treatment systems and recycling of nutrients

Re: Tools for the generation of sanitation systems considering novel technology options and for the quantification of nutrient, water, and total solid balances at the scale of an urban setting

Hi Dorothee,
this sounds really useful.
Could you list the sanitation technologies that are currently in your model?
Are there any plans for a user interface?
cheers
Dean
Dean Satchell, M For. Sc.
Vermifilter.com
www.vermifilter.com

• dorothee.spuhler
    Topic Author
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Tools for the generation of sanitation systems considering novel technology options and for the quantification of nutrient, water, and total solid balances at the scale of an urban setting

Dear all

I would like to inform you that within my doctoral research at Eawag/Sandec I have developed:
  1. A model that generates all possible sanitation system options from a set of potential novel and conventional sanitation technologies
  2. A model that quantifies N, P, H2O and TS l(as an indicator for energy and organic carbon soil amendment) losses and recovery rates for the sanitation systems based on material flow analysis (MFA)
  3. A procedure to systematically quantify the appropriateness of the technology options (and corresponding system options) in a given setting considering uncertainty and applicable at an early planning phase
  4. A procedure to identify a set of sanitation system options which is locally appropriate, divers, and of manageable size as an input into structured decision making frameworks such as CLUES (step 5) or Sanitation21 (step 4)
So far I did not find time and money to make a user friendly user interfaces and therefore I am not able to share a link with you. However, in case you are interested in any of these tools - please contact me by email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers, Dorothee

Have a look at the project webpage: www.tinyurl.com/eawag-grasp
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: fppirco, JKMakowka, waheed2020

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds