The Wikepidia article on Handwashing does need some 2022 updates

Page selection:
  • Chaiwe
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Re: The Wikepidia article on Handwashing does need some 2022 updates

Dear All,

As we commemorate Global handwashing day 15th October 2022, here is something significant to contribute to.  Update the Wikipedia article on Handwashing: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_washing it hasn't been done for a while now and the one on Global handwashing day here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Handwashing_Day

Regards,
Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: WG 13 - Take the handwashing quiz!

Dear Carolyn,

I just took your quiz and really liked it. I learnt a fair bit. That question about school days lost worldwide: a number of 300 million school days (or whatever it was) is hard to grasp. How about rather converting it to number of school days lost per month per child. That would be an easier figure to grasp for a parent.

You asked about ideas for future areas of collaboration for your working group. Here is one: could I get you and your working group interested in reviewing and improving the Wikipedia article on handwashing?: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_washing

And the one on Global Handwashing Day: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Handwashing_Day

Both are in need of improvement (always). You could either improve them directly online or collect what needs to be improved offline in a Word document which you could send to Sanitation Wikipedia project for their action: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (it's currently myself and Diane Kellogg behind that e-mail address but we are busy building up a team).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• CarolynMoore
    Topic Author

WG 13 - Take the handwashing quiz!

Dear Working Group 13,

Ahead of Global Handwashing Day on October 15th, I'm happy to share our handwashing quiz with you: globalhandwashing.org/wp_quiz/global-handwashing-day-quiz/. Please take the quiz and share it with your networks to help celebrate Global Handwashing Day.

This was developed by the WG 13 co-leads (Sarah Dickin, Om Prasad Gautam, and me) as an initial product to kick off the work of our WG. We welcome your feedback on the quiz and your ideas for future areas of collaboration for our working group.

Carolyn

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds