Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Togho
    Topic Author
  • Team Leader Anembom Consulting. Coordinating a programme on WASH in Schools- with a focus on primary schools. Also provides bacckup on local council governance programme.

Re: WASH In Schools

Dear Mughal and Elisabeth

Thanks for the interest in what I am doing and the support. This morning I have just received word that a friend in Switzerland would support the project with 1500 euros. He wants to remain anonymous.

Togho
Togho Lumumba Mukong
Team Leader Anembom Consulting
Bamenda Cameroon

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Dear Elisabeth,

Thank you for your note. I appreciate your viewpoint. I assume you have both these publications in the library.

My problem is that I have these publications (and, I have nearly 0.1 million publications on water, sanitation, environment, solid waste management, air pollution, transportation, climate change, etc, etc) in my hard disk. It would be rather difficult for me to locate their web links.

Perhaps, in future, I can upload smaller-sized publications; and for larger ones, I will give the titles and, let the person at the other end, locate them through Google search engine.

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Mughal,
I don't know why it didn't attach the second, smaller one, but with the title it can easily be found via Google on the UNICEF website:
www.unicef.org/wash/schools/files/ROSA_W..._UNICEF_India(1).pdf

The larger one is probably this one (from Ethiopia):
www.unicef.org/wash/schools/files/WASH_i...ls_Design_Manual.pdf

Note, it may save you time in future to simply give the website links (when it's a UNICEF publication then it's on their website), rather than attaching documents to the post, especially if it's a large document.

Thanks for sharing and your willigness to assist other people in their queries, much appreciated!

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• F H Mughal

Dear Elisabeth,

Of the 2 publications that could not be uploaded, though I tried twice, one was, you are right, a 41 MB UNICEF publication, with the title: Design and Construction Manual for Water Supply and Sanitary Facilities in Primary Schools. This was sent to me by Murat Sahin, Advisor, WASH in Schools, UNICEF, NY

The other one was a 1.6 MB publication titled: WASH in ALL Schools: Making it a Reality, South Asia Regional Conference Proceedings, 24-27 April 2012, New Delhi. This 59-page publication is a very interesting and useful publication.

Regards.

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Mughal,
I checked the 4 publictions that you attached (the post with the "2 more" had no attachment, maybe the file size was too big?). In ancy case, when the publication is from UNICEF, WHO or large NGOs like WaterAid there is never a copyright problem - they want their materials to be disseminated. The copyright problems arise only when it is a journal article that one has to pay for to download it from their side, like the journals by IWA Publishing or other scholarly journals.

As far as publications for WASH in schools go, we have also collected a pile in the SuSanA library. Just go to the SuSanA library page and then click on the filter on the right under "Select by setting" where it says "school sanitation":
www.susana.org/library

Or the direct link to this filtered selection by school sanitation:
susana.org/lang-en/library?showby=yearde...s=5&vbl_5=22&vbl_0=0

If people find there are important publications missing in the SuSanA library, please bring this to the attention of the SuSanA secretariat (e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) or attach them to a post and highlight that this is not yet in the library.

As to the question by Togho from Cameroon, can you please be more specific what exactly you are looking for? Then maybe we can point you in the right direction in terms of relevant publications.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• F H Mughal

2 more..

Sectt: Please check for copyright issues - Thanks
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• F H Mughal

Dear Togho,

Attached are some publications that will help you in your work

Regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Togho
    Topic Author
  • Team Leader Anembom Consulting. Coordinating a programme on WASH in Schools- with a focus on primary schools. Also provides bacckup on local council governance programme.

WASH In Schools

I am very new to the forum just received by membership confirmation and I am happy I joined given the discussions I have read.

I worked on a water supply program for 7 years in Bamenda Cameroon with Swiss Association for International Cooperation (Helvetas). This program was focused on drinking water supply but had issues on hygiene and sanitation (to me as add on). For the last 10 years I have been working with local NGO in Bamenda (Anembom Consulting) we have worked several community projects and noticed with dismay the appalling situation off WASH in communities we work with. Hence since June this year we are developing a program for WASH in Schools.

The problem is enormous and real. We need help in designing such programs and how to go about it learning from other experiences. We attach our preliminary thoughts. Any form of assistance is welcomed.Also see a sample school project
Togho Lumumba Mukong
Team Leader Anembom Consulting
Bamenda Cameroon

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds