About chlorine solution preparation

Page selection:
  • caetano
  • Caetano Dorea is an Associate Professor at the University of Victoria where he leads the Public Health & Environmental Engineering (PH2E) Lab, Canada’s only research group primarily dedicated to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). His interests and expertise are at the crossroads of environmental and public health engineering.

Re: About chlorine solution preparation

(It is not quite clear what exactly you want to do) If your application is drinking water, have a look at the WEDC website. I think they had a Technical Brief on exactly that explaining the Horrock's method. It essentially allows you to perform chlorine demand tests without knowing the exact hypochlorite solution concentration by using readily available materials on a volumetric basis.
Cheers,
Caetano
Caetano
University of Victoria

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: About chlorine solution preparation

Sometimes I think we need a proper WASH message board again, as questions like this are quite far off the normal spectrum for SuSanA...

I assume the background of your question is preparing (medical) cleaning solutions from locally available bleach powder?

Putting "preparing bleach solution" into google gave me the attached document as the first hit.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Wubishet
  • Topic Author

About chlorine solution preparation

Dear Team,

I am working in an organization related with WASH activities in Ethiopia. Now, I would like to request you that how can I prepare strong and weak chlorine solution in context where graduated recipients are not available? would you like to send me doc about preparation of chlorine solution in the context of emergency situation?

Sincerely,
Wubishet
wubishet

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds