USAID Transform WASH Program in Ethiopia

18.4k views

Page selection:
  • dtesfaye
    Topic Author

Re: USAID Transftrom WASH Program

I will share you the Financial model planned to be implemented!
Daniel Tesfaye
I am working as WASH technical manager for PSI Ethiopia. PSI/E has a flagship USAID Transform WASH project aim to test and develop market-based models that will increase use of improved WASH products and services in Ethiopia with consortium members.
Contact address:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
skype- daniel. tesfaye2012

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • jtinsley
  • Africa Regional Director for Water.org

We will be very interested to follow the progress of this program - thanks for sharing the program brief! I would be interested to learn what financing models you plan to promote for BOP access to WASH products and services?

• dtesfaye
    Topic Author

Dear Gizesh,
Thank you for your input. Yes one of the project activity component is to work on the behavioral improvement of the community for improved products through tailored approach.
Regards,
Daniel Tesfaye
I am working as WASH technical manager for PSI Ethiopia. PSI/E has a flagship USAID Transform WASH project aim to test and develop market-based models that will increase use of improved WASH products and services in Ethiopia with consortium members.
Contact address:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Gizesh

Dear Daniel Tesfaye,

It is really interesting and impressive idea to provide affordable products and services for sanitation.Indeed, this would increase the use of those products and decrease the cause of disease by lack of improved water and sanitation. However, I do have doubt if enough has been done or to be done on the acceptance and behavioral change of people's using those products?
Gizeshwork Tadesse Gurmu
Msc Environmental sanitation
Lecturer at Federal Technical and vocational education and training institute
Department of water works construction

• dtesfaye
    Topic Author

USAID Transftrom WASH Program

Dear All,
PSI/ Ethiopia launched a national peri- urban sanitation programme, USAID Transform WASH on 2nd January, 2017 with a mandate of reaching over 1 million households with improved toilets by 2021. To achieve this vision, the USAID Transform WASH project follows a holistic market development approach to increase access to and use of WASH products and services with a focus on improved sanitation in the process, this would eliminate open defecation. The project will support the government of Ethiopia and the One WASH National Program to increase use of improved WASH products and services. The project will intervene in 40 woredas/districts across eight regions during the life of the project.
I have attached detail brief of the project.
Thanks!
Daniel Tesfaye
Contact address:

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: Gizesh, jtinsley, torbenholmlarsen

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds