Re: Toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis

• kharallaxman

Re: Toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis

Thanks,  got this document, as I was searching for recent document on the subject. Is there something in excel as well? Would appreciate receiving if there is. 
Best regards, 
Laxman 
Asia WASH Adviser, Terre des hommes (50%)
You need to login to reply
  • bhagwan

Where can I find this document? Please suggest.
  • Elisabeth
  • I'm passionate about SuSanA's role in the WASH sector since about 2005. I'm a freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Baghwan,
Do you mean this document that was mentioned above?:
Collecting life-cycle cost data for WASH services : a guide for practitioners
Fonseca, C. Veenkant, M.  (2019)

This document is a step-by-step guide to collecting data for a life-cycle cost approach (LCCA) to water service delivery at the district level.  Its a guide for collecting data, conducting surveys and interviews, and contextualising the information. It addresses water services but is equally useful for assessing sanitation services. The guidance was developed for Ethiopia; for other countries, some terms may need to be adapted. The goals and realities of the project or programme in which the LCCA is applied may require you to be innovative and deviate from the outlined approach.

https://www.ircwash.org/resources/collecting-life-cycle-cost-data-wash-services-guide-practitioners

I couldn't find an Excel file though. Let's find out from IRC.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Head moderator of this Discussion Forum
(under consultancy contract with Skat Foundation funded by WSSCC)

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant located in Brisbane, Australia
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
  • dietvorst

Dear Baghwan and Elisabeth,

IRC, Water for People and Aguaconsult have developed the following set of Excel Costing and Budgeting Tools:
  • Asset Registry Assessment Tool
  • Cash Flow Analysis Tool
  • Direct Support Cost Tool
  • Financial Overview Tool (revenue and expenditure at the service authority level)
For more information and to download the tools go to:  www.ircwash.org/tools/irc-costing-and-budgeting-tools 

You may also find this new WHO/IRC publication useful:

Smits, S. & Fonseca, C., 2020.  Costing and financing of small-scale water supply and sanitation services . Copenhagen, Denmark: WHO Regional Office for Europe. x, 39 p. : 8 boxes, 4 fig., 2 tab.

Guidelines for European national and subnational policy-makers responsible for sustainable financing of small-scale water and sanitation services, based on a life-cycle cost assessment and the three potential sources of finance: tariffs, taxes and transfers.  Read more
Cor Dietvorst
Information Manager
Programme Officer | IRC
+31 70 304 4014 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | www.ircwash.org
Skype cor.dietvorst | Twitter @dietvorst
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth
  • kharallaxman

Thank you for both the files
Asia WASH Adviser, Terre des hommes (50%)
  • bhagwan

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Bhagwan
The following user(s) like this post: kharallaxman
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds