Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management

Page selection:
  • AquaVerde
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Re: Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management

Dear Jürgen,

Maybe Dr. Katja HANSEN, www.rsm.nl/research/departments/technolo...rchers/katja-hansen/

could help you on the issue a bit more direct, see e.g. part of her former work at: c2cislands.org/
toilets included.

Good luck
Detlef
www.aqua-verde.de
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Staeudel
    Topic Author
  • Breathe, you are alive !

Re: Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management

Dear Rahul,

thanks a lot for this reply and the xls-file. It helps me to give a short overview about the status quo of the legislation and helps in some points for the discussion. I will not work on this topic in particular and therefore will not be able to contribute to an update of this list.
However, I think it is a very interesting topic to work on, maybe in form of a Masters thesis. How future-oriented is environmental legislation in terms of wastewater, sanitation, reuse in this world and how seriously take governments the implementation of their own laws? Anybody interested to work on that?

My dissertation is about:
Development, Implementation and Operation of Integrated Sanitation Systems based on Material, Money and Energy Flows – Integrated Sanitation in the City of Darkhan, Mongolia - A Practical Example

Thanks a lot again and all the best to you,
Jürgen
Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Stäudel
LotusConsulting
Paul-Schneider-Str.13
D-99423 Weimar

Web: www.lotusconsulting.eu
iPiT-website: www.ipit.eu

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• rahulingle

Dear Jurgen,

We had made a short review of the existing programs and policies in 2010 which I am attaching below. But as you can see it needs to be updated for the last 4 years. For Africa, the latest update of Ethekwini monitoring baseline with commitment 3a focussing on establishing national sanitation policies could be of help. Would be great if once you are done with your dissertation to post the updated list for the users.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

All the very best for your dissertation,

cheers
Best regards,

Rahul Ingle

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Staeudel
    Topic Author
  • Breathe, you are alive !

Countries with legislation that include material-flow-based and/or resource-oriented (sustainable) sanitation and waste management

Dear all,
I have 2 particular questions on the status of worldwide legislation concerning material-flow-based sanitation and waste management.

1. Is there an overview existing about how many countries have currently legislation / policies effective on material-flow-based or sustainable sanitation and waste management?
2. How many of these countries have actually implemented the law?
(I am thinking of laws such as the german "Closed Substance Cycle Waste Management Act" (in German: Kreislaufwirtschaftsgesetz))

I am currently working on my dissertation and try to get an overview on how much all this work on sanitation issues (source separation, reuse etc) is actually reflected in worldwide policies.

Thanks a lot for you help,
Kind regards,
Jürgen
Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Stäudel
LotusConsulting
Paul-Schneider-Str.13
D-99423 Weimar

Web: www.lotusconsulting.eu
iPiT-website: www.ipit.eu

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds