Double vault toilet sizing question

• monopopologo
    Topic Author
  • Ecosan developer on the Colombian Caribbean coast

Double vault toilet sizing question

Good day and a happy Sunday to all of you here on the susana forum. I am trying to calculate the size for a double vault toilet to be installed on a public beach that's open to a public of 250-300/day from 8am till 4pm. Because it's for the government and for the general public it has to be with disabled access etc. I don't want UDDT because I find that in public facilities with people that are not used to UD, they tend to fill the diverter with cover material, leading to frequent smelly situations and cleaning jobs that nobody wants to carry out.
So I'm pretty much decided on the system I want to present but I cant find formulas anywhere to calculate the number of toilets I need. Does anyone have any experience installing composting toilets in public spaces? Thank you!
I have been living off grid for the last 9 years, 4 of which without electricity and only recently we got satellite internet. I have been playing around with batch composting toilets and have developed a very well working system. The manual and building plans are distributed for free, we give also free workshops and technical assistance to communities in Colombia.

the manual you can find here: docs.google.com/document/d/1rqr1AbMgsU3v...b20/edit?usp=sharing
You need to login to reply
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds