We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

13.1k views

Page selection:
  • trudischifter
  • Over thirty years technology, industry and venture capital experience. 11 years in the Water Sector. FOunder of The Water network and award winning SAAS platform TallyFox.

Re: We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

The effectivenes and security oissues depend on the size of the community and how well people know and trust each other. These solutions are great for smaller communities where this is already the case. For associations where people also come and go and like SUSANA where there are thousands of members i do not think this is appropriate. A mobile only chat should be part of the overall communications and knowledge sharing solution for the community that has both content and a web based solution. The whole idea of sharing knowledge needs such a solution. Chat threads are for quick, fast uncomplicated comms. Not knowledge sharing. 
You need to login to reply
  • ssvpowerri

Re: We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

Hello everyone, On the social media issue, I suggest we go with telegram. This is because it can accommodate more members as against whatsapp which is limited in the maximum number of persons who can be on a group at a time! This is only if the leadership of SuSan A can confirm the number of members they are expecting to enroll in the group. However, if the number is less than 250, then I suggest we go for whatsapp and after which we can still migrate to telegram as the case may be!

Duru Nicodemus
The following user(s) like this post: tegaukoko
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

It would be possible to take the RSS feed from this forum and automatically post with it to a Telegram group for those that prefer that to email updates.

There is for example this bot that could be used:  github.com/Rongronggg9/RSS-to-Telegram-Bot#using-the-public-bot
The following user(s) like this post: tegaukoko
  • osbert
  • Paying back to the environment.

Re: Reply: We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

I see it will have to be a whatsapp group

-- *Eng. Osbert Atwijukye (MUIPE)* *MSc. Civil Eng., Mak, BSc. Civil Eng. Mak.* *Tel:+256(0)779233939, +256(0)703909751* *Skype: osbert.atwijukye*
Eng. Osbert Atwijukye
Msc Civ. Bsc Civ Eng. Makerere University
  • azoah

Re: Reply: We think it is time for a SuSanA mobile social group. Will it be Whatsapp, Telegram, Slack or other?... Whats your say?

Yes it's time to get WhatsApp, Telegram or other

Get Outlook for Android< aka.ms/AAb9ysg >
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds