Please fill in our Forum Survey now to help us improve (deadline: 15 September)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Please fill in our Forum Survey now to help us improve (deadline: 15 September)

Today is the last day where you can participate in our discussion forum user survey. Please don't miss this opportunity to have your say!
Link to the survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdogfjt...HZcN6QB9m2g/viewform

Thanks for your participation.

Regards,
Elisabeth

Edit on 27 October: The survey results are presented here: forum.susana.org/148-your-suggestions-fo...ons-about-the-future
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
You need to login to reply
The topic has been locked.
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Please fill in our Forum Survey now to help us improve (deadline: 15 September)

The forum survey's end date has been extended to 15 September. We are slowly approaching 500 responses which would be 4% of all our members (half as many as our original target of 1000 responses).

So, thank you to those who have already filled in the discussion forum survey. If you haven't done it yet, please do it today by clicking here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdogfjt...HZcN6QB9m2g/viewform

(if your country doesn't allow the use of Google, scroll to the start of this thread for a Word version of the survey).

Please remember, as an incentive to participate and if you'd like your work to be showcased:

In partnership with WSSCC, SuSanA would like to offer five respondents (if they leave an e-mail address) the opportunity to showcase their work by means of a written interview. The five respondents will be randomly selected. The interviews will be included in a profile article
for the WSSCC website and next newsletter to showcase their work. 

Regards,
Elisabeth

Edit on 2 September: Some preliminary survey results are here: forum.susana.org/148-your-suggestions-fo...ons-about-the-future
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author

Re: Please fill in our Forum Survey now to help us improve (deadline: 31 August)

If you haven't done so yet, please fill in our survey about the SuSanA Discussion Forum today. Here is the link:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdogfjt...HZcN6QB9m2g/viewform

Thanks in advance. 
(And thanks to the 383 people who have already filled it in)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author

Re: Please fill in our Forum Survey now to help us improve (deadline: 31 August)

Hello,
If you are one of the 320 people who have filled in our discussion forum survey already, thank you (and you don't need to read on)! If you are one of the 12,380 SuSanA members who hasn't yet filled in the survey please do so now. You would greatly help us get a representative picture and determine what we might change in future!
Here is the link to the survey:  docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdogfjt...HZcN6QB9m2g/viewform

Perhaps I can get you interested by showing you the current preliminary results for Question 13: 

Please add your voice to this important survey!

Thanks,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
Attachments:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author

I am sorry for repeating myself and sending another reminder. But we have only 250 responses so far. Given that we have 12,000 SuSanA members I don't feel this is representative yet. So please help us with our analysis and take the Discussion Forum User Survey now

The link to the survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdogfjt...HZcN6QB9m2g/viewform

(I am surprised that it's been so hard to get more responses. I am thinking of doing a survey to find out why people don't want to participate in our survey. ;-) Is it general survey fatigue, holiday time, the survey is too long? )

Maybe I can get you interested if I copy some comments from the "free comments" field at the end of the survey. Do you have similar or differing sentiments as the people who commented? Either way, we would like to hear from you by reading your survey response!

Positive: (answers to the question: What do you like the most about the SuSanA discussion forum?)
  1. the enthusiasm and the quick response to questions asked.
  2. It serves as a clearing house for up to the minute relevant information from in-field experience, research results and thinking mixed in with solid dialogue. What's not to like.
  3. It's brings to the front burner WASH and other development issues in most developing countries. And the fact that group of experts on the platform who are willing to share out of their wealth of experience in addressing these issues is awesome.
Critical / negative: (answers to the question: In your opinion, how could the forum or its moderation be improved?)
  1. Remove it from SuSanA. Use a modern forum platform and stop nagging people to post more on the forum.
  2. needs more than just discussions. the web has evolved but susana has not. Needs a sophisticated digital platform for knowledge sharing with cognitive computing. Too few members, too few participating
  3. Cleaner website that is easy to load with slow internet connections. Drive more content via social media. Make things NOT searchable on google as I don't want my SuSanA posts to be what people find first when they google my name.
  4. Moderators to intervene less and let the conversation flow (or stall) more organically. Asking authors (who won't have lots of time) to change, elaborate posts etc for the sake of "encouraging discussions" means they won't want to post again (I have that feeling) - especially if it does not come from someone who has a genuine interest, but from moderators or people that seem to spend most of their time in the forum.
Greetings,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
  • Chaiwe
  • Innovation enthusiast and Knowledge Management Expert in WASH and Climate Change while cross-cutting Youth and Gender Issues. CEO of CaDev_Capacity Development (An African Social Enterprise)

Hello All,

Just a reminder that the SuSanA Forum Survey is still running and we don't want you to miss the chance to get your inputs in on how your experience on the Forum has been since you have been a member. 

Most importantly, the survey offers you a chance to communicate what you would like to see improved on the forum, including, but not limited to how we as moderators on the forum meet/ do not meet your expectations. 

Here is the link to the survey once more:    Survey link

Regards,
Chaiwe
SuSanA Forum Moderator
Skat Foundation (With financial support by GIZ and SIRWASH up to November 2023)

Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse BSc. NRM, MPH
Independent consultant located in Lusaka, Zambia
Emails: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chaiwe-mushauko-sanderse-21709129/
Twitter: @ChaiweSanderse

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author

This is another reminder to please take part in our SuSanA Discussion Forum user survey here . It only takes a few minutes. We still need more participants to make it more representative.

I can even offer you an incentive to participate today:

In partnership with WSSCC, SuSanA would like to offer five respondents (if they leave an e-mail address) the opportunity to showcase their work by means of a written interview. The five respondents will be randomly selected. The interviews will be included in a profile article
for the WSSCC website and next newsletter to showcase their work. 

As you are probably aware, we have a strong collaboration between SuSanA and WSSCC this year (more information here ). Therefore, they* are actively supporting this survey and suggested this incentive which I think is a good one.

* in particular Estelle Robinson, their Membership Engagement Officer and Ceridwen Johnson, Head of Governance and Membership at WSSCC. 

If you have already filled in the survey earlier and would still like to enter the draw, just notify me by e-mail. 

Here is the link to the survey once more:   Survey link

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author

Re: Survey: SuSanA Discussion Forum Usage (if you've ever used the SuSanA discussion forum please participate!)

Please participate in our survey about the SuSanA discussion forum usage today if you haven't done it yet: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdogfjt...HZcN6QB9m2g/viewform
(if you can't open Google forms then scroll up to see the survey in another format)

We have only had 112 responses so far. As our aim is to get about 1000 responses we'll have to keep posting these reminders until we get there... (has survey fatigue set in? Or is the survey is too long? Or are lots of people on holidays during Northern hemisphere summer?)

Please participate to ensure that the results are as representative as possible of our 12,000 SuSanA members...

Thank you!
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
  • paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India. I am a patient person :)

Re: Survey: SuSanA Discussion Forum Usage (if you've ever used the SuSanA discussion forum please participate!)

Just to bring this to everyone's attention and a gentle reminder to take this forum user survey .

I'd like to point out a few other things the survey will help us analyse/understand
  1. An understanding of what motivates members to use the forum, especially contribute to discussions 
  2. As Chaiwe pointed out in her post (dated 9th June) in this  thread , we know that many more people read posts on the forum compared to the number of members who write posts. However, our current system does not capture these metrics. We would like to know how widely the forum is used beyond our current measures and quantify it if possible. 
  3. How the use of SuSanA compares with use of other social media platforms. 
  4. If the members feel the forum should also have more discussions on aspects of WaSH other than sanitation.
  5. The forum has had multiple moderators since the beginning of this year. The survey hopes to find if members like the work of moderators or they feel that the forum would work just fine without them.
Finally, we seek ideas and suggestions to improve user experience of the forum. Overall, this survey will help us take stock of the situation and also get a direction for the future. 

Please take a few minutes to take this  survey  and contribute to shaping of this forum's future. 
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author

The survey is set up in Google Forms. For people in countries where Google is banned (e.g. China, and others?), I am attaching here a pdf version and a Word version of the survey so that you can fill it in as well. You can send the filled-in survey to me (e-mail address is in my signature below). Thanks.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests.

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

This message has attachments files.

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author

Survey: SuSanA Discussion Forum Usage (if you've ever used the SuSanA discussion forum please participate!)

We have set up a list of 20 short and interesting questions about how people use the SuSanA discussion forum. Please participate in our survey (we are aiming for at least 1000 replies): -->  Link to the survey is  here . 

The focus of this survey is about the discussion forum moderation and about who uses the forum. (see also here for more information about our planned user analysis).

The survey takes about 8 minutes to complete. Your replies will be kept anonymous and confidential. We will post survey result on the forum in mid-August and at the online SuSanA meeting on 18 August. 

Anyone who has ever used the forum (even just for reading, not for writing) is welcome to take the survey. You don't have to be a SuSanA member either.

The link to the survey is  here .  Thanks for your participation! 
If you have comments about the survey, or have spotted something that is wrong with it please put it into this thread. 

Kind regards,

Elisabeth von Muench and Franziska Volk
on behalf of the Forum Practice Group* and SuSanA secretariat at GIZ
* funded by WSSCC, administered by Skat Foundation

P.S. 
Background information about the role of forum moderators:

The forum moderators' job is to ensure the users enjoy their experience on the forum; aim for lots of high quality posts from a diverse range of people from all over the world; and provide a friendly and supportive online space.

Currently, the discussion forum moderators are Elisabeth von Muench, Paresh Chhajed, Chaiwe Mushauko-Sanderse (consultants funded by Skat Foundation / WSSCC) and Eva Mary (FSMA)

If you would like to know more about how the forum is run and moderated you can view this presentation: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3630

The last discussion forum user survey took place in October 2014 - six year ago. Back then we had 435 responses from our 4000 SuSanA members, see here
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
The following user(s) like this post: secretariat
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds