UASB Design for Industrial wastewater treatment (looking for good references)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: UASB Design for Industrial wastewater treatment

Dear Ivar,

Your post didn't get a response yet but I just wanted to confirm that yes, this forum is indeed the right place to discuss industrial wastewater treatment, too. We have not yet often talked about it on the forum but that can and should change. :-)

About UASBs for domestic wastewater treatment, perhaps you find something useful in this thread:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/35-bio...s-for-building-uasbs

Also, I see that you're based on Florianopolis, Brazil. You should meet up with Christoph Platzer (from Rotaria) who lives in the same town if I am not mistaken - or perhaps you know him already. Christoph has also been an active contributor to this forum in the past.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • ivarurdalen
    Topic Author
  • I work as a project engineer for Aqua Unique, a water and wastewater treatment supplier. www.aquauniqueafrica.com

UASB Design for Industrial wastewater treatment (looking for good references)

Hi. I do not know if this is the right forum for discussing industrial wastewater treatment. However, there are many people with experience with anaerobic technologies.

I am looking for good references in terms of the design of UASB reactors for high strength industrial wastewater (dairy, slaughterhouse, poultry, etc.)

Currently I am using:
- Biological wastewater treatment in warm climates, Von Sperling (More for domestic wastewater)
- Handbook of biological wastewater treatment, Van Haandel
- Biological Wastewater Treatment: Principles, Modelling and Design
- Papers from Lettinga, Netherlands.
- Different scientific articles.
I work as a project engineer for Aqua Unique, a water and wastewater treatment supplier. Office: Kampala, Uganda. www.aquauniqueafrica.com
The following user(s) like this post: Balaam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds