Dead Rivers and Waterbodies Revival - compiling All India directory , district wise

Page selection:
  • AjitSeshadri
  • Marine Chief Engineer by profession (1971- present) and at present Faculty in Marine Engg. Deptt. Vels University, Chennai, India. Also proficient in giving Environmental solutions , Designation- Prof. Ajit Seshadri, Head- Environment, The Vigyan Vijay Foundation, NGO, New Delhi, INDIA , Consultant located at present at Chennai, India

Re: Reply: Dead Rivers and Waterbodies Revival - compiling All India directory , district wise for rural & urbans.

Dear Co ordinator.
A well compiled Data covering the location GPS centric, quantity flow in cubm per day , sources of pollution whether any wwt plants existent. demographic data- population, level of communities on education. Livelihood etc. for categories 1. Polluted stream stretches - ( flowing water ) 2. Waterbodies - ponds, lakes, tanks (stagnant- non flowing) 3. Back-waters with connection of inland waters to sea. Low and high tides etc.

Data compiled at sub-district- taluka for villages and wards for urban areas.
Considerable data is available with local.State & National water bodies. It is needed to cross check and place all data elements in one order for further detailed assmnt etc.

Above indicated data may be refined and guidelines formuated.

Well wishes to members
Prof.AjitSeshadri.
School of Maritime Studies. Chennai.
Dtd. 20th Dec. 2017.
Prof. Ajit Seshadri, Faculty in Marine Engg. Deptt. Vels University, and
Head-Environment , VigyanVijay Foundation, Consultant (Water shed Mngmnt, WWT, WASH, others)Located at present at Chennai, India

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Dead Rivers and Waterbodies Revival

Mughal: yes, we allow topics on rivers if it's related to sanitation. In this case, I am assuming that we are mainly talking about water pollution from wastewater that is being discharged untreated into rivers and lakes - right? So there would be a clear connection to sanitation there.
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Elisabeth: Do you allow topic on rivers on the forum?

Dear Sanjay,

Aral sea (not river) was dead, and now, probably has been brought back to life. There is no such case in Pakistan.

Regards,
F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Sanjay,
I can't really picture how you would set this directory up and who could add to it? It reminds me a little bit of two existing pages on Wikipedia which might inspire you:
- Water pollution in India: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_pollution_in_India
- Indian states and union territories ranked by prevalence of open defecation en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_states_and_...e_of_open_defecation

Perhaps it might be easier and more impactful to follow that approach and add to Wikipedia instead of creating something new?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• sanjaykkcgroup
  • Topic Author

Dead Rivers and Waterbodies Revival

I have started compiling All India directory , district wise , of dead rivers and waterbodies those have any time successfully been revived .

Rivers and waterbodies those being revived and those identified to be revived are also being listed .

This directory will be online and do miracle in rivers and waterbodies revival domain .

Do you please see possibilities of compiling such online directory for various member nations ? I feel , this surely should be extremely good for various nations .

Kind regards

CA Sanjay Gupta , Indore , India
(Presently I am doing this at my individual level , expect that once basic compilation is done , project will be gladly taken at Apex level )

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds