Seeking your cooperation for feedback about SuSanA India Chapter

Page selection:
  • nityajacob
    Topic Author
  • Water Policy Analyst and Author; Moderator of the SuSanA India Chapter; WASH Lead at Swasti

Re: Announcement. Seeking your cooperation for feedback

Dear Elisabeth and members,

We ran a quick survey of members to understand what they felt about the Chapter. Using Google Forms, this survey collected responses from 45 respondents. The results are:
71% had participated in a SuSanA India Chapter event or discussion in the past 2 years, indicating most respondents were using the Forum regularly.
Most had attended an event as participant or written a post in a thematic discussion. 80% felt the content was relevant and useful, 38% felt it provided new insights and 44% said it gave a chance to express themselves. For the events, 60% felt the content was useful, 32% felt it provided opportunities for networking and 18% said it gave them a chance for recognition. Regarding satisfaction levels, 40% said they were completely satisfied (10 on a scale of 1-10) and 57% rated their satisfaction levels between 6 and 9. When asked about suggestions to improve their satisfaction, some said they would like an ID card for SuSanA members, provide action points in discussions, or the discussions and events could provide practitioner (grassroots) knowledge. Many have used SuSanA publications in their work such as developing a book on septage management, manuals on school WASH, etc. They are also aware of others using this information in their work. To make the forum more useful, people suggested including youth, more meetings, addressing new issues such as solid waste management, reaching out to the government and new groups of stakeholders, and providing grassroots information.
Regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Announcement. Seeking your cooperation for feedback

Dear Nitya,

Do you already have the results from your survey or are you still keeping it open? If you have the results, I hope you can share them with us soon as it would be very interesting to know what people said.

For people not familiar with the "SuSanA India Chapter", see here for an explanation about SuSanA's regional chapters (currently we have two: India and MENA region, each with their own mailing list, coordinator and activities):
www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/regional-chapters

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. Indeed, India is the country where most of our members are from, currently 1377 people.
If you want to see how many SuSanA members are in your own country, you can always check here in real time:
forum.susana.org/forum/statistics?statsview=2
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• nityajacob
    Topic Author
  • Water Policy Analyst and Author; Moderator of the SuSanA India Chapter; WASH Lead at Swasti

Announcement. Seeking your cooperation for feedback

Dear members,

We have been together on a 2-year long journey of the SuSanA India Chapter since June 2016. We have grown in strength and now I am happy to report the Indian contingent is the largest and one of the most vibrant on the SuSanA global network.

I am writing to seek your support in providing feedback about your experience with the SuSanA India Chapter. Could you please visit this link: goo.gl/forms/uS9ab9eVBZfwO0mc2. It is a short form (I promise) to collect and collate what you have to say about the Chapter. I will collate and share your inputs. They will also help us plan for the next phase of the Chapter. I would be grateful if you could fill and send your responses by 25 May. It should take 5-7 minutes of your time.

Warm regards,

Nitya Jacob
Coordinator
SuSanA India Chapter
The Chapter is jointly run by the India Sanitation Coalition and the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds