Toilet for Physically Challenged Persons (question from India)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Toilet for Physically Challenged Persons (question from India)

Hi all,
Are we talking about squatting or sitting toilets in this thread? Which kind of physical disability did you have in mind, Premananda (Sampark)? Do you mean wheelchair users? If so, then they would require sitting toilets, right?

Yogendra and D Jayakandhan: feel free to post photos of your designs or links to your websites rather than just taking people away from the forum to direct e-mail contact. You never know who else in future might be finding this thread via some internet search. So you might as well show your designs to us here.

We've had previous discussions about inclusion aspects here in this category: forum.susana.org/93-inclusion-and-disability

For example the use of grab bars for toilets (sitting or squatting) has been described in this thread which Carol started:
forum.susana.org/93-inclusion-and-disabi...ars-in-squat-toilets

In that thread Kris also highlighted this book from 2005:
Jones, H., Reed, B. (2005). Water and sanitation for disabled people and other vulnerable groups: Designing services to improve accessibility. WEDC, Loughborough University, UK
www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/2218

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Yogendra

Re: Toilet for Physically Challenged Persons

Dear Parmananda Biswal Sir,

HVVS organization in Udaipur district of Rajasthan has worked on inclusive WASH facilities for persons with disabilities. They assisted the beneficiaries in providing materials as per the needs to make the toilet easy to use for persons with disabilities. Though the project covered 7 Gram Panchayats of Udaipur district but you can find few well built toilets.

Regards,

Yogendra

• sampark
    Topic Author
  • Reaching out in grassrouts.Premananda Biswal, Executive Director, SAMPARK TRUST, Bhubaneswar, Odisha would introduce myself, before you as a grass root level Rural & Health development associate for a period spanning over 26 years contributed in the field

Dear DJ,
I have already mailed you on this issue on your given mail Id. Please check & reply me,

Regards,
Premananda Biswal.
Executive Director.
SAMPARK TRUST
B-30, BDA Duplex
Bhubaneswar
Odisha, INDIA

• jayakandhan

Hi
We have design for physically challenged and we are manufacturing special toilets for them, you can contact for your requirement or for any guidance at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
With Regards
D Jayakandhan

• sampark
    Topic Author
  • Reaching out in grassrouts.Premananda Biswal, Executive Director, SAMPARK TRUST, Bhubaneswar, Odisha would introduce myself, before you as a grass root level Rural & Health development associate for a period spanning over 26 years contributed in the field

Toilet for Physically Challenged Persons

Hi,
I am interested to know, whether any such toilet is available for the people of India with dis abilities......?

We need quick feedback .

Regards,
Premananda Biswal.
Executive Director.
SAMPARK TRUST
B-30, BDA Duplex
Bhubaneswar
Odisha, INDIA

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds