publication in French : Ecological Sanitation, Why, How, How much ? It presents different constructed wetlands techniques and different dry toilets models

Page selection:
  • cecile
    Topic Author
  • Water and Sanitation Sector Leader for SNV in Burkina Faso

Re: Publication en Français sur l'assainissement écologique / Publication in French

Dear Elizabeth,

I have met Pierre et Terre members a couple of times. They run an ecological center where they promote and inform people on ecological sanitation, they sell and install different kinds of dry toilets (TLB = bucket with sawdust, separett, wostman, clivus and Ecodomeo) and they design and implement constructed wetlands. They are a very active association in the south of France.

I believe the reason why they don't mention the work of others is because this report is based on their own practice and knowledge of dry toilets and constructed wetlands, not on litterature review.

Main sources in France in this field are :
- Eau vivante and Aquatiris for constructed wetlands
- Réseau d'Assainissement Ecologique for dry toilets and Eautarcie (very much against separation toilets but very influential).

Your post has been forwared to Pierre et Terre. As you know language is often an issue to be able to participate and exchange...

Best regards,

Cecile
Cécile Laborderie
MAKATI Environnement

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Publication en Français sur l'assainissement écologique / Publication in French

Dear Cecile,
Thanks for your hint and for bridging the French-English language barrier for us once again! I will include it in the SuSanA library, as it is always good to have good publications in languages other than English.

One shortcoming of the publication in my view is that they don't seem to mention the work of others. E.g. some links to the SuSanA website for more information could have been useful (there is also materials in French there).

Could you perhaps enlighten us who this association Pierreterre is? I briefly checked their website: www.pierreetterre.org.
Do you have any dealings with them? Would they perhaps join SuSanA as a partner? (as we don't have so many in France yet, this could be useful)

As an aside:
I noticed that they have lots of pictures of the Separatt Villa toilet in their publication and website. Are they an agent or do they just in general promote it? It is the same toilet I have in my home since 3 years, and I still enjoy using it daily.
For photos see here: www.flickr.com/photos/gtzecosan/sets/72157609478355653/
Recently I empied our composter in the garden - which receives the content from the faeces bucket and kitchen and garden waste - for the first time (after two years) and was proud to harvest the first batch of compost (about one third of the composter was directly usable). No trace of toilet paper and faeces, that's for sure - only the egg shells, avocado stones or chicken bones were still visible. I know 2 years is actually too long, but I am still learning on how to do composting better (it was too compacted).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• cecile
    Topic Author
  • Water and Sanitation Sector Leader for SNV in Burkina Faso

Publication en Français sur l'assainissement écologique / Publication in French

Hello,

I would like to share this publication in French : Ecological Sanitation, Why, How, How much ? It presents different constructed wetlands techniques and different dry toilets models which can be found in France (and Europe)
www.pierreetterre.org/images/stories/pub...ANC%20pour%20web.pdf

Bonjour,
L'écocentre Pierre et Terre vient d'éditer une publication sur les différentes techniques d'asainissement écologique : L'assainissement Ecologique, Pourquoi, Comment, Combien ?. Il présente différentes techniques de phytoépuration et différents modèles de toilettes sèches disponibles sur le marché français (et Européen).
Le guide est téléchargeable gratuitement sur le site de l'association :
www.pierreetterre.org/images/stories/pub...ANC%20pour%20web.pdf

Cécile
Cécile Laborderie
MAKATI Environnement

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds