Expression of Interest for 78 faecal sludge treatment plants (FSTPs) in Andhra Pradesh, India

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India

I have just moved this thread from "announcements" to "faecal sludge treatment" as I hope we'll hear more about this project as the events unfold.

Do we have anyone from Andhra Pradesh in India who can tell us more about this? See also my questions above in the post from March.

Thanks,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India

Dear Sanjana,

Thanks for posting this here. Wow, 78 faecal sludge treatment plants being tendered in one go - that will be interesting!! It would be great if we could hear updates every now and again on how it is going, e.g. which technologies were implemented, how the results are looking, how much it cost (construction and O&M), how the 78 plants compare in performance etc.

Question to all: are any of our SuSanA forum users in India in any way involved in this?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• sanjana
  • Topic Author

Expression of Interest for 78 FSTPs in Andhra Pradesh, India

About 70 per cent of Urban Indian households have on-site sanitation systems. The sludge and septage generated in these on-site facilities is desludged by private operators and indiscriminately discharged in water bodies and on open land causing public health and environmental crisis. In response to this situation, national and state governments in India have introduced Feacal Sludge and Septage Management policies and are encouraging towns to set up Faecal Sludge Treatment Plants (FSTPs).

In furtherance of this, the Government of Andhra Pradesh through the Swachha Andhra Corporation has issued a notification inviting Expression of Interest (EOI) for selection of concessionaire(s) for setting up of Faecal Sludge Treatment Plants (FSTPs) on DBOT basis in 78 urban local bodies in Andhra Pradesh.

Please find attached the newspaper notification and the EOI for your review. The last date for submission of EOI is 30.01.2018.

Also find attached the link to the Swachha Andhra Corporation's webpage for tenders: sac.ap.gov.in/sac/UserInterface/Applicat...nderDocumentsBS.aspx

For any question, contact Sanjana : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds